New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    is it ok for an esi to have 80 amps of alternator installed, my exsisting battery is 1snf motolite maint-free , nasira kasi yung IC nung alternator wala akong mahanap na spare kaya ive just decided to buy a 2nd hand AKA surplus na alternator but unfortunately yun lang yung available... im just quite reluctant baka magkaron ng masamang epekto for battery and car itself.please enlighten me?

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Sure you can upgrade with no problem. Alternators, especially good ones come with "internal regulators" as to not overcharge your battery...although you would also upgrade your battery to a better one. I find them to be the very best

The alternator is designed to replace current used from the battery. You should replace the battery with a higher CCA/RC and if you can, go head and replace the Alternator.

A WORD OF ADVISE...........due to manufacturers design, you may be very limited in the replacement size of the alternator. Available mounting area limited, clocking may have to be changed and re-routing wires.

80 amps alt for 1snf batt?