New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    Yes sir swak ang D15B 3-stage VTEC sa ESi mo.

Bolt-on, no modifications needed.

Mga bossing, ask ko lang po kung anong range ng price ng P08 na computer box?
    Balak ko po kasing magpalit eh. Thank you po.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmanc3 View Post
    hi sirs, im just a newbie here, need some advise regarding the change engine, im planning to change my esi stock engine to d15b vtec 3 stage engine but someone told me na hindi raw fit sa esi yung 3 stage engine as it is different from the ordinary d15b vtec engine. really appreciate your inputs. thanks...
    pwedfe yan bossing

3. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    north american ES civics came with d17s, 1.7L 3 stage vtecs. i think the d16 came with the old EG, and was non-vtec.

i'm not a marketing man, but i think it makes sense to just declare the ES as 1.6 for tax reasons (equals lower sale price) even if its a 1.7L, than to create a new engine block for a specific market in southeast asia. besides, it's a natural progression... nung 90's every car manufacturer still marketed 1.3 and 1.5 engines, but honda already came out with 1.6. when the ES came out, it was 1.7L, and when the FD came out it was 1.8 minimum. other companies still churn out 1.6s.

i'm not 100% sure my ES has a 1.7, though... until i can see the engine block and measure the cylinders with a caliper.

back to topic: i've often wondered if the ES engine would fit into an EK. i doubt if the axles would fit, but to be honest, ang kailangan lang talaga jan oras, research at pera. VW beetles nga nilalagyan na ng b16 ngayon, civics pa kaya?

EG and ES have about the same space in the engine bay, so if you can plop down a d17 in there and the engine mounts line up, well, you're halfway done. remove the old harness and ECU, plug in the new one, and then start.
    ph civic es 1.6 liter = d16w9 churns out 130hp vti/vti-s

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
3 stage vtec pwede ba sa ESI