New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Hi, I'm looking at buying a used 2009 Crv. Everything looks okay. Ride is also good (test drived). But maintenance record show that cylinder head was machined last year and with pistons replaced. I'm still trying to find out the reason.

Question lang sana. Need opinions.

Is it better to get this unit since na fix na yung supposed issues that may come out? Rather than buying a unit na walang record.

Was it too early for piston rings to fail that it should be a concern (that the car may have other issues)?

Appreciate your feedback.

Salamat.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

machining of cylinder head? replace pistons?
    .. only thing i can think of, is overheat.. but i could be wrong.
    how's the odometer? baka naman, driven to death ito..?

i would be interested in knowing why the engine was fixed up in the first place..

perhaps, the head needed machining and the pistons replaced (pistons? not rings only?), so that the engine would start and buyers would be more interested..
    Last edited by dr. d; March 9th, 2015 at 06:44 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same thinking as dr. d. overheat.
    na test drive mo na?
    pero at that age, dapat di pa nagooverheat yan ah, unless malupet ang driving route nyan.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

same thinking as dr. d. overheat.
    na test drive mo na?
    pero at that age, dapat di pa nagooverheat yan ah, unless malupet ang driving route nyan.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Piston rings sir. Sorry.

Yes, na test drive ko and maganda takbo nya. Tahimik, idling okay, temp, etc. Hope I'll be able to find out by tomorrow why those were done.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Look for another unit,madami pang iba jan sir.Why?2009 model lang kse sir,cguro mga less than 100t kms pa lng natatakbo nyan.d pa dapat nabuksan makina nyan.Alamin nyo muna sir kung bakit?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Red flag yan pero alamin mo pa rin kung baket sir. Magkano selling price if you don't mind me asking?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypogi316 View Post
    Hi, I'm looking at buying a used 2009 Crv. Everything looks okay. Ride is also good (test drived). But maintenance record show that cylinder head was machined last year and with pistons replaced. I'm still trying to find out the reason.

Question lang sana. Need opinions.

Is it better to get this unit since na fix na yung supposed issues that may come out? Rather than buying a unit na walang record.

Was it too early for piston rings to fail that it should be a concern (that the car may have other issues)?

Appreciate your feedback.

Salamat.
    Kung ako sa iyo look for another, madami pa diyan sa market. My civic vti has never experienced piston failure, cylinder head is intact for 15 years na and counting. This alone tells you that the CRV might not be that well maintained, pinagawa lang para mabenta.

Shopping mode muna and take your time.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 99moves View Post
    Red flag yan pero alamin mo pa rin kung baket sir. Magkano selling price if you don't mind me asking?
    550k sir ang price.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    PM me i have 2005 crv complete casa record 100% walang nagalaw sa engine 40Kplus millaged

10. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    I think that would be overheat