New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hi

One of the car I'm eyeing for is the Honda City model range from 2005 to 2007.

Can someone give me PRO's and CON's of the car?

Also I noticed two types of engine in this range, earlier models are i-DSI engines and the latest once are on i-VTEC. Malaki po bang ang advantage ng i-VTEC or hindi naman pansin kung city driving lang? Kasi pansin ko malaki din ang presyo ng i-VTEC ng models.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    If your planning in getting an A/T the i-vtec is the better choice. May problems kasi yung cvt ng i-dsi lalo na kapag hindi na maintain ng mabuti.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Why not opt for a Civic FD instead? If you're buying used, you might as well get the best car for your budget. The Civic FD offers better performance and bigger space with an acceptable fuel consumption for its engine displacement.

If really interested on a City, better look for the 2009 model with the 1.5L i-VTEC engine. It is a much better choice over the previous generation.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Ako rin naghahanap ng 2nf hand. Maganda kaya 2009 city??

5. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Tested the version of the 2013 with the ivtec, fuel efficient siya and ang problem ko lang is u need to really step on the pedal for you not to feel the switching of gears but maybe sanay lang ako sa shifting of gears of ng mazda ko na hnd mxdo ramdam but the city can really give you the power u need

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Akala ko dati Diesel ang IDSI. Parang diesel ang tunog. Ano ba tranmission nilabas dito sa pinas 4 Speed A/T, CVT o Dual clutch? Mag civic ka na lang na 2002 A/T

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmkl View Post
    Ako rin naghahanap ng 2nf hand. Maganda kaya 2009 city??
    Mas OK 2009 model na City mataas yung value dahil hindi CVT. Ang problema lang ay drive by wire. Mas may control ang computer kesa driver. 1996 pa lang may CVT na ang Honda. Pati mga CTV ATF-Z1 din ang gamit noon. 2005 pa nagkaroon ng CVT fluid. Sa US 7 years or 160,000km ang warranty ng CVT. Loko ng Honda ginawang test driver mga consumer.

Check at iverify mo muna tranmission # kung 5 Speed A/T nga baka CVT din

SPCA, MPCA, SP5A, SMMA

8. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    honda jazz 1.5 Vtec

9. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Second hand din ang target ko, pero can't decide kung CRV or Tucson...