New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    malamang kasalanan ng putol spring yun sir, hindi dahil naka 55 series ka po
    agree. baka masyado malakas play ng springs kaya sayad sa wheel wells.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    I owned 94 esi and my tires back then was 205/50/17 and no rubbing issues. Im not sure if eg or ek ang car ko, anyhow fyi. Lowered din car ko noon.

Before installing, you can get the shops opinion as well.
    sorry mga peeps, 205/40/17 pala tires ko nun. sorry!!!!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    If you choose the right rims, suspension upgrade and right tires. 15's would at the same time look nice & give you the best comfort.

CE28 nalang sir .. :naughty2: Tapos drop.
    :diablo:
    ganda rin ce28 pero mukang may budget naman si TS kaya go orig volk te37.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    50 series nalang kunin mo sir to be safe. Then you can opt for either Tanabe DF, NF or GF for your springs. DF giving you the super drop. And GF giving you the less drop. And of course, NF being in the middle will give you a balance between comfort & porma.

S-techs ka nalang sir pag Tein. It gives you a conservative drop of 1.25" - 1.5" not bad IMO for a daily driven and not that souped-up ride ..
    S-techs ba yun soft sir? Yun color green. ito nga yun plan ko kunin sana pero i hope sya na yung best na masusubukan ko sayang pera ang mahal pa naman ng lowering springs.I've tried several brands of lowering springs na din and ways of lowering my car like coil overs (taiwan)and putol. Those taiwan springs are the worst i've installed in my car. para kang naka sakay sa kabayo. Well back to topic, im satisfied with my current tire specs in terms of ride comfort pero kung aesthetics, nabibitin ako sa 15. Im doing my research before i spend money, luckily we have this board and very helpful members to answer our queries. nagdalawang isip tuloy ako sa 16s as sir archie said"extra bumpy" sya.

Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    i did not like the comfort of 50 series sa 16's. parang extra bumpy and ramdam bawat lubak. 15's on 55 pa rin talaga the best na subukan ko from 15's to 17's. kung 17's, hindi kaya 45 series, kailangan 40 talaga. even at 40 series may rubbing issue pa rin.

maganda tein soft talaga, not too low but more comfy than my neuspeed green. tried it with a friends EK, ok talaga. pinakamalapit sa stock ride. IMO get 15's on 55 with tein soft.

tibay EK natin boss, alaga lang sa change oil and tune up.
    Ganun ba sir extra bumpy ba yun 16s on 50 series? Ano pala current tire/wheel specs mo ngyon.
    Ok lang sa kin sir not too low, kahit nasa middle lang i know you have to choose between the two : 1. Lowered and pogi but you'll have a Bumpy Ride or 2. Comfortable ride pero mukhang talangka yun car Ok lang yun aggressive look pero comfortable naman with everyday use. Yes sir, mukhang matibay EK natin dami surplas parts hindi pa mahirap maintain.
    Anyway thanks for your inputs, and to our fellow tsikoteers who replied in this thread.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by RG-93 View Post
    Ganun ba sir extra bumpy ba yun 16s on 50 series? Ano pala current tire/wheel specs mo ngyon.
    Ok lang sa kin sir not too low, kahit nasa middle lang i know you have to choose between the two : 1. Lowered and pogi but you'll have a Bumpy Ride or 2. Comfortable ride pero mukhang talangka yun car Ok lang yun aggressive look pero comfortable naman with everyday use. Yes sir, mukhang matibay EK natin dami surplas parts hindi pa mahirap maintain.
    Anyway thanks for your inputs, and to our fellow tsikoteers who replied in this thread.
    currently my EK has slip stream rims 15's and 15/55/195 yokohama a-drive.

kasi galing ako sa stock 13's yung palit ako 16's 50 series. kaya parang ang tagtag talaga ng ride. the other thing, mas mabigat yung feel ng 16's. parang hirap accelerate. dagdagan pa ng taiwan coil overs, aray sa ride.

long story yung mga rims and tires ko so cut to... after a lot of changes sa tires and rims, i finally decided to do research, tried every rim available sa mga kakilala para masubukan and 15's on 55 series came out the best that had some style. kaya ayun, as long as i have my EK, 15's 55 lang gagamitin ko tires.

with the lowering spring, tein soft came to me as the nearest sa stock ride quality. im not that sure how low ito but im guessing around 1" - 1.5" drop. very good for daily driven. tein soft has the best of both worlds, aggressive and comfort but of course its not the same with stock but its very close. handling naman better for me neuspeed greens, it provided a more crisp handling than tein soft, so really its a compromise but you cant go wrong either way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
205/55/16 ok ba with Civic EK