New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Saw the new City in the flesh today.

As an entry-level car, this is hard to beat - lots of features, very spacious, good looks, plus a tried and tested powertrain that's both responsive and efficient.

It ticks all the boxes in terms of what you need in a car. Compared to other subcompacts like an Accent or Vios, it also feels much better built and has more gravitas.

However, compared to a Civic, it misses out on the verve and the small things. In a nutshell, mas may dating pa rin ang Civic and it feels more premium inside. Probably unnoticeable to a first-time car buyer or someone who isn't all that into cars, but the Civic has a soft touch dash and side panels, sliding armrest, more ergonomic and cocooned seating position, more width, and more sophistication in its design and layout.

Those points above don't show up in the spec sheets so people will notice more that it has a bigger touchscreen (8" vs 7"), more USB ports (2 12V sockets in the back), rear aircon vents, 6 airbags (for the RS), among others.

Overall, a very good entry-level car and certainly pushes the standard higher for subcompacts.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    When will they bring in the Jazz sibling....

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    New Jazz looks like it has abandoned any hints of sportiness and has embraced the Japanese city car mold.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Looks like an egg too 😲

From Carguide Ph

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Looks like an egg too 😲

From Carguide Ph

The older models, mukhang plantsa. But let us not be distracted by that fact because the jazz is superior than its brother, the city in almost every way. 😛

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    New Jazz looks like it has abandoned any hints of sportiness and has embraced the Japanese city car mold.

2nd gen interior was the wildest. I liked that back in the day. Too bad we got the city in 2009.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Saw the new City in the flesh today.

As an entry-level car, this is hard to beat - lots of features, very spacious, good looks, plus a tried and tested powertrain that's both responsive and efficient.

It ticks all the boxes in terms of what you need in a car. Compared to other subcompacts like an Accent or Vios, it also feels much better built and has more gravitas.

However, compared to a Civic, it misses out on the verve and the small things. In a nutshell, mas may dating pa rin ang Civic and it feels more premium inside. Probably unnoticeable to a first-time car buyer or someone who isn't all that into cars, but the Civic has a soft touch dash and side panels, sliding armrest, more ergonomic and cocooned seating position, more width, and more sophistication in its design and layout.

Those points above don't show up in the spec sheets so people will notice more that it has a bigger touchscreen (8" vs 7"), more USB ports (2 12V sockets in the back), rear aircon vents, 6 airbags (for the RS), among others.

Overall, a very good entry-level car and certainly pushes the standard higher for subcompacts.

Ah oo, magka ibang class nga City at Civic, kaya iba din interior refinement.

Kamusta driving position? Lubog pa din gaya ng previous City? Na kahit maximum seat height adjustment parang battle tank pa din view?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011

Maganda iyong minimalist retro 2-spoke steering wheel. Kaka-miss din...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Ah oo, magka ibang class nga City at Civic, kaya iba din interior refinement.

Kamusta driving position? Lubog pa din gaya ng previous City? Na kahit maximum seat height adjustment parang battle tank pa din view?
    Well my Civic has a low driving position paired with a high center console so the City feels like you're perched very high up compared to it. Driving position feels the same as the old City and is par for the course for a subcompact.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Well my Civic has a low driving position paired with a high center console so the City feels like you're perched very high up compared to it. Driving position feels the same as the old City and is par for the course for a subcompact.
    Maraming salamat. Pareho pala sa dati.

Ah talaga? Naalala ko sa Civic, though low to the ground, okay ang view over sa dashboard at hood. Sa 2014 City ng relative, parang ang taas ng dashboard.
    (Sa showroom ko nga lang nasubukan ang Civic)