New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    It's an easy choice. City RS wins vs the Civic S. Especially may 11th gen Civic na next year.
    Civic pa rin. Kahit ano pang borloloy or features ilagay mo sa City, it is still no Civic.

However, if you just need a reliable daily driver with good features and decent fuel efficiency, the City fits the bill but it will be a choice between the S or V models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Civic pa rin. Kahit ano pang borloloy or features ilagay mo sa City, it is still no Civic.

However, if you just need a reliable daily driver with good features and decent fuel efficiency, the City fits the bill but it will be a choice between the S or V models.

agree... a civic is a civic. mas mababa pa rin na segment ang city. usually compact cars are more comfortable at higher speeds. lahat ng subcompacts nasubukan ko maingay na pag lagpas 100kph

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    agree... a civic is a civic. mas mababa pa rin na segment ang city. usually compact cars are more comfortable at higher speeds. lahat ng subcompacts nasubukan ko maingay na pag lagpas 100kph
    Di naman ganun lahat ng small cars. Stable naman yung City up to 150-160 kmh, even yung 2009-2014 models. The Jazz is the same. Yung mga older 1.3L City/Jazz models, yun maingay na at high speeds. The Fiesta Ecoboost is also very stable at high speeds (150-180 kmh), better than the City.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Di naman ganun lahat ng small cars. Stable naman yung City up to 150-160 kmh, even yung 2009-2014 models. The Jazz is the same. Yung mga older 1.3L City/Jazz models, yun maingay na at high speeds. The Fiesta Ecoboost is also very stable at high speeds (150-180 kmh), better than the City.

I have been driving a 2009 1.5E city for 3 years. In my experience maingay na talaga siya pag sobra 100kph. By that I mean yung tipong ramdam mo na mabilis ka na. Yeah I tried the fiesta ecoboost for a week as a loaner car, it really is more stable but not much. Maybe because the tire was already worn out.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    It's an easy choice. City RS wins vs the Civic S. Especially may 11th gen Civic na next year.
    This was my thought until I sat in a City RS. Despite all the borloloy, a City is a City. Feels budget pa rin inside kahit pa may leather bits yan and mas malaki LCD screen and all.

Agree with Egan here. Even if the Civic S has less toys - iba pa rin feeling niya vs the City RS. Sure urethane steering wheel, but ergonomics is still different - Civic feels more cocooned, more driver-oriented cockpit. Sure it has no Android Auto and small LCD screen, but overall interior design and layout is far more premium. Sure it doesn't have LED headlights, but overall shape of the Civic is still more upscale.

Like I said in my post above - the Civic is still a class above because of intangibles that aren't explicitly stated in a spec sheet.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    This was my thought until I sat in a City RS. Despite all the borloloy, a City is a City. Feels budget pa rin inside kahit pa may leather bits yan and mas malaki LCD screen and all.Agree with Egan here. Even if the Civic S has less toys - iba pa rin feeling niya vs the City RS. Sure urethane steering wheel, but ergonomics is still different - Civic feels more cocooned, more driver-oriented cockpit. Sure it has no Android Auto and small LCD screen, but overall interior design and layout is far more premium. Sure it doesn't have LED headlights, but overall shape of the Civic is still more upscale.

Like I said in my post above - the Civic is still a class above because of intangibles that aren't explicitly stated in a spec sheet.

Civic is a Civic but yung features ng City RS vs Civic S is actually really useful - adds points sa user/ownership experience.
    LED headlights/fogs/turn signals - well you can upgrade it but iba pa din yung RS look.
    AA/ACP - really useful and great integration (won't buy a car without it)

More importantly yung airbags, 6 or 7 vs the 2 airbags of the Civic S/E.

Naka Civic S ka nga pero base model na base model ang feel mo. That's why napaka rare ng Civic S kase olats talaga sa specs.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Civic is a Civic but yung features ng City RS vs Civic S is actually really useful - adds points sa user/ownership experience.
    LED headlights/fogs/turn signals - well you can upgrade it but iba pa din yung RS look.
    AA/ACP - really useful and great integration (won't buy a car without it)

More importantly yung airbags, 6 or 7 vs the 2 airbags of the Civic S/E.

Naka Civic S ka nga pero base model na base model ang feel mo. That's why napaka rare ng Civic S kase olats talaga sa specs.
    Yeah because konti lang difference ng Civic S sa Civic E so might as well pop up the extra cash for the E.

The Civic S really just exists as a price anchor but the bulk of the sales will still be the E.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Outwardly, despite all its features, the City RS would not look as good as a Civic. Upgrade the Civic with 18” wheels and it will just look great. Put big rims on a City and it would look ricey.

The same applies to the Civic against the Accord. It’s just on a different plane. There’s a reason why an Accord is more expensive than a Civic and a Civic is more expensive than a City. The level of refinement and drive can’t be overwhelmed with the amount of tech you put inside the car.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I mean, I agree with you guys, the civic is the better choice when compared to the city RS, but I remember may topic dati... meron mga nag sabi na butt load of features pipiliin nila vs performance and such.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sakin importante what feels nice/highest happiness-per-peso. Cars are always a subjective purchase - anything past a Honda City for sedans or Innova for bigger cars is already just catering to the wants than the needs.

There's virtually nothing a City can't do that a Civic can, mas may dating lang Civic. Same with an Innova vs a CRV, mas may dating lang CRV.