New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    tsaka ang panget ng pangalan ng mga chinese cars.. sorry ha.. pero coolbear? coolray? azkarra? okavango? yung mga labas ng kia ngayon panget din pangalan eh.. soluto.. seltos (parang paltos), stonic..

well established na din kasi ang honda.. yung city nila kahit yung 1st gen maganda porma eh.. nasira lang dun sa sumunod na parang spaceship... parang na appreciate lang yung design nung lumabas yung honda jazz..
    If you have time, you can always look up the meaning of such words before handing out judgement.

Azkarra means quick in the Basque language. Okavango, on the other hand, is a name of a region, river, and tribe from Namibia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you have time, you can always look up the meaning of such words before handing out judgement.

Azkarra means quick in the Basque language. Okavango, on the other hand, is a name of a region, river, and tribe from Namibia.

yeah.. alam ko naman yung meaning nag explain na sila sa marketing nila.. pero for me, hindi lang bagay as nameplate for a car.

honda city, civic, CR-V.. no need na mag explain ng napaka lalim kung saan language kinuha...

bagay ba Toyota Okavango? pero pag Toyota Land Cruiser.. astig di ba..

toyota rush, innova, hilux.. yun nga fortuner legender hindi dinala yung name plate dito eh.. they changed it to Fortuner LTD.

but of course opinion ko lang naman yan..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kung ako lang eh, mas gusto ko pa yung model name approach ng Germans eh. Much easier to understand. Nagkakaiba na lang sa engines and frame.

BMW - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
    Audi - 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
    Mercedes - A, B, C, E, G, S

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Kung ako lang eh, mas gusto ko pa yung model name approach ng Germans eh. Much easier to understand. Nagkakaiba na lang sa engines and frame.

BMW - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
    Audi - 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
    Mercedes - A, B, C, E, G, S

Pati to nagkanda gulo gulo na rin hehe.

2 series was previously an MPV then became a roadster. 1 series was a roadster that became a hatch. Then you have multiple classes in the G range - GLA, GLC, GLS, GLK, GL. Then may CLA, CLS, CL, and so on.

A non-car guy just looking for a luxury car to splurge on would be lost in these naming conventions.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Pati to nagkanda gulo gulo na rin hehe.

2 series was previously an MPV then became a roadster. 1 series was a roadster that became a hatch. Then you have multiple classes in the G range - GLA, GLC, GLS, GLK, GL. Then may CLA, CLS, CL, and so on.

A non-car guy just looking for a luxury car to splurge on would be lost in these naming conventions.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    I guess you will just look into the size for easier tagging. A 3-series is smaller than a 5-series and a 7-series. The same applies to Merc where an A is smaller than a C and an E.

For the Japs, limited yung engine and drive options kaya gamitan na lang ng trims.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    I will get this if buyer ako. this is the closest thing to the Civic.hehehe

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by atty.cadmus View Post
    I will get this if buyer ako. this is the closest thing to the Civic.hehehe
    If you’re buying the mid trim model, good deal for a subcompact. If you’re buying the TOTL model, you might just consider the Civic 1.8L model.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    If you’re buying the mid trim model, good deal for a subcompact. If you’re buying the TOTL model, you might just consider the Civic 1.8L model.

good choice ang civic.. kasi mas malaki at syempre.. civic is civic and civic race.. lalo na kung yung TOTL ng city ay more on add on blings na lang..

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    IMO, TOTL City vs Civic S is a really hard choice.

City gets the fancy head unit, leather interior, rear A/C vents, 8 speakers etc

Although pagalabas mo ng car... City pa din

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    IMO, TOTL City vs Civic S is a really hard choice.

City gets the fancy head unit, leather interior, rear A/C vents, 8 speakers etc

Although pagalabas mo ng car... City pa din
    It's an easy choice. City RS wins vs the Civic S. Especially may 11th gen Civic na next year.