New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Pustahan tayo mas mabenta pa rin tong City kaysa Coolray?

The Coolray looks better value overall but over the past 2 decades, no Chinese brand has survived the test of time. Kawawa lahat ng buyer ng Chery QQ and Geely Panda before, iniwan lang sa ere.

So on paper lamang nga sa specs and form factor, but many people will not put their hard-earned money on something with no track record.

I say this with all hope to be proven wrong because I want Geely to succeed here. One positive thing I see is that YGC has a stake in the dealerships and they've been operating dealerships (Honda/Isuzu) for decades.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Thats the thing, majority of vios and city and small car owners will eventually upgrade. They will go for something bigger and maybe a crossover. a budget just above their "vios/city monthly"

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I'm wondering why it's "overpriced"

Konting konti lang yung price increase compared to the old City. (but you get the head unit upgrade)

If overprices yung curent City, then mas overpriced yung older model (I even paid an extra 35K for a headunit upgrade na ayaw magconnect sa phone ko)
    Oo nga. Price decrease pa nga RS vs VX+.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Thats the thing, majority of vios and city and small car owners will eventually upgrade. They will up for something bigger and maybe a crossover. a budget just above their "vios/city monthly"
    Most sedan orders, when they have the money, will upgrade to a PPV not a crossover. PPVs outsell crossovers 10 to 1.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Most sedan orders, when they have the money, will upgrade to a PPV not a crossover. PPVs outsell crossovers 10 to 1.

an upgrade that's for sure.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    IMO.

some people will upgrade to something (they think) is better
    some people will upgrade the the same car (of course new model)
    some people will buy an older car

the topic here in the "all new City" which is technically no longer the smallest car in Honda's local line-up

Personally, I hope this car sells really well to pressure Toyota in upgrading their car's head units.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    For the Chinese cars to succeed, kailangan mawala mga second hand car buyers na nasa 40-60 years old (sana itigil na yang "coding" na yan)

Kahit anong sabihin mo about Koreans, mas mababa pa din naman resale ng cars nila against their Japanese counterparts

Of all Chinese cars available sa local market, I can only gamble on Maxus since its handled by AC Motors
    Hmm I'm in my 20s and I understand why people would still prefer established brands vs Chinese cars no matter how decked out the latter are.

Korean cars have had their time in the limelight in the late 2000s and early 2010s. Hyundai was even the 3rd largest manufacturer then, next to Toyota and Mitsubishi.

I clearly remember everyone saying the Elantra would beat out the FD Civic because it was more modern, had the same power, and so on. But fast forward 10 years - look at the resale value and parts availability of FD Civics vs Elantras.

Same case with Accent - the Accent has the trump card when it comes to the engine but everything else is quite a letdown vs the City.

The Tucson was also very, very successful for Hyundai at that price range before, but could never really compete with the Jap cars if they were equally priced.

Santa Fe din - everyone was praising it for having the venerable R engine (2.2L 200 hp) but look at where those gen 2 Santa Fes are now vs gen 1 PPVs like the Fort and MS which are still very prevalent on our roads today.

So I'm pretty sure in 10 years - if you compare Coolray vs City, mas marami pa rin City on the road with better resale and parts availability.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    In my observation, Honda small cars don’t have that good suspension. I never liked the suspension of our old 2009 City and Jazz. It’s good for smooth roads but on humps and potholes, it can feel trashy.

Bigger Honda cars are much better, specially the Accord. The Civic rides better than a City or Jazz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And the long front overhang of the City...

"Marami na akong nahalikan...
    Marami pang labing(humps) matitikman...."😂😎😍

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hmm I'm in my 20s and I understand why people would still prefer established brands vs Chinese cars no matter how decked out the latter are.

Korean cars have had their time in the limelight in the late 2000s and early 2010s. Hyundai was even the 3rd largest manufacturer then, next to Toyota and Mitsubishi.

I clearly remember everyone saying the Elantra would beat out the FD Civic because it was more modern, had the same power, and so on. But fast forward 10 years - look at the resale value and parts availability of FD Civics vs Elantras.

Same case with Accent - the Accent has the trump card when it comes to the engine but everything else is quite a letdown vs the City.

The Tucson was also very, very successful for Hyundai at that price range before, but could never really compete with the Jap cars if they were equally priced.

Santa Fe din - everyone was praising it for having the venerable R engine (2.2L 200 hp) but look at where those gen 2 Santa Fes are now vs gen 1 PPVs like the Fort and MS which are still very prevalent on our roads today.

So I'm pretty sure in 10 years - if you compare Coolray vs City, mas marami pa rin City on the road with better resale and parts availability.

Biggest letdown for Hyundai was that after their local market acceptance a decade ago, they priced their vehicles in the same level as the Toyotas and Hondas... Sadly, they could not ride the waves... And of course, reliability is a silent partner...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    tsaka ang panget ng pangalan ng mga chinese cars.. sorry ha.. pero coolbear? coolray? azkarra? okavango? yung mga labas ng kia ngayon panget din pangalan eh.. soluto.. seltos (parang paltos), stonic..

well established na din kasi ang honda.. yung city nila kahit yung 1st gen maganda porma eh.. nasira lang dun sa sumunod na parang spaceship... parang na appreciate lang yung design nung lumabas yung honda jazz..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    tsaka ang panget ng pangalan ng mga chinese cars.. sorry ha.. pero coolbear? coolray? azkarra? okavango? yung mga labas ng kia ngayon panget din pangalan eh.. soluto.. seltos (parang paltos), stonic..
    opinion mo lang yan, ganyan pag may edad na lalong sumara na ang utak. hehe