New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yes exactly this. Super dalas ko sa C5 and ang sama ng middle lane, plus daming potholes na biglaang sumusulpot from overnight rains.

Not comfy if malubak sa sedan, but pag crossover ok lang. Tapos pag crossover, super ganda pa rin ng ride even on smooth roads. Di siya parang PPV na tradeoff - acceptable ride on bad roads and bad ride on good roads.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    titigil lang konti puso mo kapag malubak ka sa sedan

based on personal experience (sa C5), naunang mabasag yung mags ko before masira yung suspension

*** yun ang last time na nagpalit ako ng mags, ngayon stock na lang palagi

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    In my observation, Honda small cars don’t have that good suspension. I never liked the suspension of our old 2009 City and Jazz. It’s good for smooth roads but on humps and potholes, it can feel trashy.

Bigger Honda cars are much better, specially the Accord. The Civic rides better than a City or Jazz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Meron bang small sedan that rides better than a big sedan? Vios vs Altis vs Camry, City vs Civic vs Accord, Almera vs Sylphy vs Altima, Accent vs Elantra vs Sonata, 2 vs 3 vs 6. Lahat yan the ride gets more comfortable as you go bigger. And conversely more nimble as you go smaller.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I'm comparing the suspension vs other cars available.

City vs Vios vs Almera
    Jazz vs Yaris
    Corolla vs Civic

I find the Honda versions a bit stiffer compared to "the other car"
    I prefer the Honda’s over the other cars. Hehehe

If you think the City or Jazz feels stiff compared to a Vios or Yaris, the Fiesta Ecoboost hatchback is even stiffer. The clearance is also lower.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Meron bang small sedan that rides better than a big sedan? Vios vs Altis vs Camry, City vs Civic vs Accord, Almera vs Sylphy vs Altima, Accent vs Elantra vs Sonata, 2 vs 3 vs 6. Lahat yan the ride gets more comfortable as you go bigger. And conversely more nimble as you go smaller.

Sadly wala, hahaha. For our roads, a compact strikes a good balance.

However, the compact car is now being passed on in place of the small crossovers. The midsize sedan is now replaced with the CUVs.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I prefer the Honda’s over the other cars. Hehehe

If you think the City or Jazz feels stiff compared to a Vios or Yaris, the Fiesta Ecoboost hatchback is even stiffer. The clearance is also lower.

I have relatives/friends with the mentioned cars for comparison, kaya I was able to drive them personally (forgot to add the Mirage G4)

As for Honda, I find it as the right balance between handling and comfort...

It keeps its poise kapag CR na CR ka na and nagmamadaling umuwi
    Or yung times na sinabi ko kay misis na malapit na ako sa house, kahit kaaalis ko pa lang ng office

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Sadly wala, hahaha. For our roads, a compact strikes a good balance.

However, the compact car is now being passed on in place of the small crossovers. The midsize sedan is now replaced with the CUVs.

For me, the only benefit of a CUV/SUV/MPV etc is the road clearance.

For those times na inabot ako ng ulan, alam kong makaka-uwi ako kapag di kotse yung dala ko.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006

For those times na inabot ako ng ulan, alam kong makaka-uwi ako kapag di kotse yung dala ko.
    A CUV offers more cargo space over a compact or midsize car. Even with 5 passengers, you still have a big trunk for some other stuff. On a daily basis, the cargo space is useless though.

Kung baha talaga, it is better to stay put than brave rushing water. Let the water level go down before riding over flooded streets.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006

I have an apples to apples comparison of the sedan and CUV from the same company. Ride comfort much better CRV vs Civic for me. Whether driver or front or rear passenger. Mas hindi ramdam road imperfections because of the thicker tires and longer suspension travel. Ground clearance super useful din. Plus extra space and versatility. Madali magsaksak ng bike for example, fold down lang rear seats. Di na kailangan ng bike rack kung isang bike lang.

I think if isang kotse lang, an SUV is a better all rounder. Ang advantage lang ng sedan is cornering ability - and even someone who loves track days like me admits na di siya necessary and the pros of an SUV/CUV. Oh and price of course. But if you can afford it, an SUV/CUV is the best balance for the Philippine setting.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Wagon ba yan or hatchback?

station wagon is for family men, multitasking wives, and farmers.
    hatchback is for the young and the young at heart.
    heh heh.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    station wagon is for family men, multitasking wives, and farmers.
    hatchback is for the young and the young at heart.
    heh heh.
    For the non-human-hauling urbanite... Jimny.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk