New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what's "smart entry" ?
    is that when the car door unlocks to your hand's touch when the key fob is within xx feet of the car?
    in my opinion, unless one's car is in one's garage or parked alone in public parking, that's potentially dangerous.
    not that smart, in my opinion.
    I've been driving smart entry cars for over a decade now and I've parked in the shadiest of parkings.

The risk isn't any higher than getting carnapped with a non-smart entry car. The system will only unlock the door if you hold the handle and you're just a few cm away from the door.

Kung gusto kang nakawan ng kotse, ganun din lalapitan ka din ng magnanakaw kahit hindi smart entry car yan.

Anyway for the sake of argument let's proceed with the hypothetical scenario, when you walk near your car right by the door biglang magswoop in yung magnanakaw, siya nagbukas ng door and pumasok. Eh hindi niya naman masastart yung kotse because the keyfob has to be inside the car (eh nasa labas ka pa nga diba). So nandun lang siya sa loob.

So where's the potential danger again that's not there with an old school mechanical key + alarm?

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I've been driving smart entry cars for over a decade now and I've parked in the shadiest of parkings.

The risk isn't any higher than getting carnapped with a non-smart entry car. The system will only unlock the door if you hold the handle and you're just a few cm away from the door.

Kung gusto kang nakawan ng kotse, ganun din lalapitan ka din ng magnanakaw kahit hindi smart entry car yan.

Anyway for the sake of argument let's proceed with the hypothetical scenario, when you walk near your car right by the door biglang magswoop in yung magnanakaw, siya nagbukas ng door and pumasok. Eh hindi niya naman masastart yung kotse because the keyfob has to be inside the car (eh nasa labas ka pa nga diba). So nandun lang siya sa loob.

So where's the potential danger again that's not there with an old school mechanical key + alarm?

Biibitin ng carnapper yun owner dahil kailangan nasa loob yun smart key kaya pati owner isama na. So maging carnapping with kidnapping na. 2020 Honda City

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009

Agree kung nanakawan / carnap talaga regardless of technology tutuluyan ka talaga kung gugustuhin.

Carnapper be like: ayaw mag start!

Abot ko na keyfob, you forgot this.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008

i once got a good scare when a total stranger attempted to open my driver's passenger side door, as i was about to unlock my driver side door. had he waited a second more...
    he walked away nonchalantly...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i once got a good scare when a total stranger attempted to open my driver's passenger side door, as i was about to unlock my driver side door. had he waited a second more...
    he walked away nonchalantly...
    Ha edi ganun din yun kung naka normal alarm ka. Pag napress mo unlock button edi nabuksan niya rin passenger side.

Hindi naman tanga mga magnanakaw, kung gusto ka nakawan, kahit manual de-susi, or old school remote alarm, or smart key, mananakawan ka when they want. Mas madali ka pa nga masalisi if you're in the parking fumbling for your keys, not being aware of your surroundings.

The smart key is SOOOOO much more convenient than an old school key and it comes with virtually zero downside.

Mainit sa outdoor parking? Remote start the engine with the aircon on. Key stuck in your pocket or bag? Lapit ka lang and hawakan door handle. Forgot to lock the car? Walk-away feature locks it automatically.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There are signal repeaters that can extend the key's range. Carnappers with a detector fish around possible areas in the house where keys are normally kept (usually near the main door) and an accomplice holding a transmitter stands beside the car door waiting for it to unlock. Medyo obvious lang na may ginagawang kababalaghan.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    they may not have gotten the car,
    but they got the seymo pitaka and the atom laptop.
    Its not about "iwas carnap"

but keeping the driver safe

so nasa bag mo yung fob. may pumasok to take the car, the carnapper drives a bit -> giving you time to run the other direction. car stops and (should) lock the doors.

*** funny story.

Key fob was in my pocket (ngayon palaging nasa bag ni wife)

init ng summer, I stopped in a gasoline station sa SLEX para mag CR -> wife and daughter stayed in the car ng naka-AC

after ko magCR, naisip kong bumili ng ice coffee para ma-surprise si wife and daughter.

pagbalik ko, namatay pala yung engine and A/C tapos naglock yung car. galit na galit sila since ang init sa loob

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Its not about "iwas carnap"

but keeping the driver safe

so nasa bag mo yung fob. may pumasok to take the car, the carnapper drives a bit -> giving you time to run the other direction. car stops and (should) lock the doors.
    Hindi masastart yung kotse kung nasa labas ka with the fob in your bag tapos nasa loob yung carnapper.

Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    *** funny story.

Key fob was in my pocket (ngayon palaging nasa bag ni wife)

init ng summer, I stopped in a gasoline station sa SLEX para mag CR -> wife and daughter stayed in the car ng naka-AC

after ko magCR, naisip kong bumili ng ice coffee para ma-surprise si wife and daughter.

pagbalik ko, namatay pala yung engine and A/C tapos naglock yung car. galit na galit sila since ang init sa loob
    What car is this bro? Lahat ng naging kotse ko with smart key hindi nagooff kahit wala ka susi sa kotse. Unless you press the start/stop button of course (which is what probably happened in your case).

Nangyari na nga sakin my wife dropped me off in BGC, drove the car all the way to QC. Dun niya lang napansin wala siya susi, but nakapark naman siya and naoff niya engine. Then pinagrab ko nalang yung car key.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    There are signal repeaters that can extend the key's range. Carnappers with a detector fish around possible areas in the house where keys are normally kept (usually near the main door) and an accomplice holding a transmitter stands beside the car door waiting for it to unlock. Medyo obvious lang na may ginagawang kababalaghan.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk
    Sus naman, mga carnapper dito small time na mga goons lang talaga usually. Gagawin pa ba nila lahat yan eh pwede naman nilang do it by force na lang. Mabilis pa.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi masastart yung kotse kung nasa labas ka with the fob in your bag tapos nasa loob yung carnapper.

What car is this bro? Lahat ng naging kotse ko with smart key hindi nagooff kahit wala ka susi sa kotse. Unless you press the start/stop button of course (which is what probably happened in your case).

Nangyari na nga sakin my wife dropped me off in BGC, drove the car all the way to QC. Dun niya lang napansin wala siya susi, but nakapark naman siya and naoff niya engine. Then pinagrab ko nalang yung car key.

Anong model ngayon ng car na kailangan sinasaksak pa rin yun key fob sa slot? Meron pa ba?

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast