New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    I can’t believe I live in a time where subcompacts priced above 900k are considered good values. Iba na talaga, dati 800k top of the line na yan. 2020 Honda City

But I commend Honda, mabuti hindi pa nila inalis yung manual transmission. Ilan kaya weight increase nito compared sa previous gen?
    Dati rin 330k lang may Corolla ka na. Tapos naging 600k para sa Civic VTi. Tapos 990k may Mazda 3 2.0R ka na.

Siyempre tataas presyo ng kotse in line with inflation. And to be fair a subcompact today has more space and more featuees vs an older compact.

And besides incomes are much higher now than they were when cars were cheaper.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Lmao sa RS. All looks, nawala ang turbo.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Buyers naman ng City walang pake sa power mostly. Huge majority of buyers are just looking for point a to point b cars especially at this price range.

The Fiesta Ecoboost is a sample of how nobody gives a crap about 1.0 turbo power.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Also, 1.0 Turbo not as good on paper as it is in real life. So no need for the added complexity of keeping parts for an all new engine thats barely better than the tried and tested (albeit very old) L15 engine. Though it does get DOHC now.

22 Honda City - Why we'd rather have the 1.5L NA engine over the 1.L Turbo | Wapcar

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Buyers naman ng City walang pake sa power mostly. Huge majority of buyers are just looking for point a to point b cars especially at this price range.

The Fiesta Ecoboost is a sample of how nobody gives a crap about 1.0 turbo power.

The L15 is pretty decent in terms of output for a 1.5L NA. If not, one of the more potent power plants for small cars.

The EUDM Honda 1.0L 3-cylinder turbo was about the same in output as the Ford Fox 1.0L Ecoboost (125hp/170Nm). It worked well as the replacement for the old R18 engine for the Civic.

The biggest advantage of the 1.0L 3-cylinder turbo engine over the 1.5L NA is the additional torque at low rpms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    The jazz with its 1.5 liter vtec was MORE than enough for me. Ive said it a gazillion times...a light, nimble, small car...even with a small engine.... is FUN to drive. Heck even the CVT 1.5 jazz was plenty fun.

Of course i wouldnt mind the turbo, but those vtec engines rev so high and are so much fun to keep in the powerband with the paddle shifters.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    The jazz with its 1.5 liter vtec was MORE than enough for me. Ive said it a gazillion times...a light, nimble, small car...even with a small engine.... is FUN to drive. Heck even the CVT 1.5 jazz was plenty fun.

Of course i wouldnt mind the turbo, but those vtec engines rev so high and are so much fun to keep in the powerband with the paddle shifters.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    I bet the 1.0L turbo engine will make the Jazz and City heavier than what it is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    The all-new City arrives just in time for Honda Cars PH’s 30th birthday | C!

Same engine as the previous gen (same as the Mobilio, BR-V and Jazz) means Honda PH won't need to send technicians for training.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    The all-new City arrives just in time for Honda Cars PH’s 30th birthday | C!

Same engine as the previous gen (same as the Mobilio, BR-V and Jazz) means Honda PH won't need to send technicians for training.
    Different engine..same 1.5L displacement.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast