New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    The BRIO RS variant has 15 inch wheels while the Non-RS Variant has 14 inch wheels but both variants have the same ground clearance. Does that mean that if I measure the tires with rims diagonally, they both will be the same length? Does the 14 inch wheel have a taller/longer/bigger sidewall for them to have the same ground clearance or is it a suspension thing?

If they have the same tire size diagonally, does that mean they have practically the same ride comfort? or does the 15 inch wheel still offer better ride comfort.

Sorry I am really new at this and I'm completely confused.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Fil Trans View Post
    The BRIO RS variant has 15 inch wheels while the Non-RS Variant has 14 inch wheels but both variants have the same ground clearance. Does that mean that if I measure the tires with rims diagonally, they both will be the same length? Does the 14 inch wheel have a taller/longer/bigger sidewall for them to have the same ground clearance or is it a suspension thing?

If they have the same tire size diagonally, does that mean they have practically the same ride comfort? or does the 15 inch wheel still offer better ride comfort.

if you want ride comfort, go higher and choose from the next segment cars.
    this small hatches won't offer ride comfort.

but to answer your question, negligible difference between the 14 and 15" wheels.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    The RS version is about P85k more than the CVT. Is it worth the price?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    bakit pa maglalabas ganito kung hindi naman bebenta. Ilan ba nakikita nyo brio sa isang buwan. Swerte na kung maka-isa!!!!

Ibalik nyo kasi retro version civic vti or s.i.r tapos iprice nyo around 500thou or less. No changes kung ano yung dati mas bebenta pa dadami ulit racer boy.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Fil Trans View Post

Yes the 14 inch will have a bigger sidewall to match the overall diameter of the 15s. Ganyan madalas ang setup ng mga car variants. One exception I could think of is the new CRV which has a different suspension setup with its AWD variant that gives it a higher stance. About comfort, a wheel with a bigger sidewall will usually be more pliant with road imperfections resulting to a more comfortable ride.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ieddam View Post
    Yes the 14 inch will have a bigger sidewall to match the overall diameter of the 15s. Ganyan madalas ang setup ng mga car variants. One exception I could think of is the new CRV which has a different suspension setup with its AWD variant that gives it a higher stance. About comfort, a wheel with a bigger sidewall will usually be more pliant with road imperfections resulting to a more comfortable ride.
    Thank you sir/mam for that info. Really learning something. Thanks.

7. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the price is attractive.
    i should see it in the metal, and find out if it is spacious enough for my size.
    I gave this a look-over at the dealership. It's a little bit prettier than our "plaything" hatchbacks from Toyota, Doc d.

Similar dimensions inside, more powerful engine, adjustable tilt steering wheel, but it appears to have a lower ground clearance than its Toyota counterpart. Good thing they redesigned the rear hatch on this Honda, as I find the outgoing model's hatch to be really ugly. Come to think of it, even the old model's front reminds me of a June Bug (Salagubang). Ugh!

A tad more expensive being a Honda though. The entry model's price (MT) is similar to the "G" model na AT na of the Toyota. I presume the same goes for parts and maintenance.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    I gave this a look-over at the dealership. It's a little bit prettier than our "plaything" hatchbacks from Toyota, Doc d.

Similar dimensions inside, more powerful engine, adjustable tilt steering wheel, but it appears to have a lower ground clearance than its Toyota counterpart. Good thing they redesigned the rear hatch on this Honda, as I find the outgoing model's hatch to be really ugly. Come to think of it, even the old model's front reminds me of a June Bug (Salagubang). Ugh!

A tad more expensive being a Honda though. The entry model's price (MT) is similar to the "G" model na AT na of the Toyota. I presume the same goes for parts and maintenance.

You are correct, usually parts and maintenance will be a bit more expensive vs. Toyota. But in terms of the intro pricing, it's quite good. A tad more expensive vs. Wigo but you get what you are paying for, better engine and transmission, better interior and slightly more features and most likely better drivability.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    My son is looking at this as his first car. AT model. May I know the difference between the RS and lower model?
    gulonglang ba nagka-iba? thank you sa mga sasagot.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    My son is looking at this as his first car. AT model. May I know the difference between the RS and lower model?
    gulonglang ba nagka-iba? thank you sa mga sasagot.
    The RS model just has extra body kits. No difference in engine or tranny between AT models.

If you have the extra budget, I would suggest the midtrim AT model of the Jazz instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast