New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 528 of 530 FirstFirst ... 428478518524525526527528529530 LastLast
Results 5,271 to 5,280 of 5300
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    i have always done once a year oil change for my cars since i can remember some nga more than 1 year pa. hehe
    My cars never had a problem since i had them that could be prevented by doing twice a year or more oil change.
    As long as you check the oil level and color regularly then the car's engine should run smoothly.
    Pati nga oil level never ko na-check and no engine problems whatsoever in all my cars. Magkaka-warning naman if low oil pressure sa dash hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    I remember when I was young that oil was changed when it was black, but I doubt if they knew when it was changed last, basta may problema siguro at sabi ng mekaniko, palitan na natin langis mo, maitim na eh

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Papajamba View Post
    Speaking of just once-a-year oil change, any tsikoteer who had engine problems due to this? Never had any engine problems in any of my cars for past decades even if i prolong oil change from the prescribed 5k kma to 10kms/1 year. Oldest car i have is 11 years old.
    We might be overthinking oil change intervals?

After warranty, our 2004 Lancer’s oil was changed once a year using synthetic oil. Burned quite a significant amount of oil later in its life. Since 2019, its now kind of a lawn ornament for the house. Ipaparts out na namin.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    After warranty, our 2004 Lancer’s oil was changed once a year using synthetic oil. Burned quite a significant amount of oil later in its life. Since 2019, its now kind of a lawn ornament for the house. Ipaparts out na namin.
    Was it daily driven? If it is, need talaga more frequent oil change.
    I usually do once a year OCI if 5-7k kms a year.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Papajamba View Post
    Was it daily driven? If it is, need talaga more frequent oil change.
    I usually do once a year OCI if 5-7k kms a year.

Half of its life it was daily driven but for very short trips. As in usually 1Km per day. Wasn’t as knowledgeable with cars back then. My gf’s father had a 2002 Frontier which I was able to drive, and it never burned oil. He said he diligently stuck with changing oil every 3 months.

I say it still depends on driving conditions. Maybe one can get away with 1 year oil change interval if mostly on the highway, but keep checking it. For me, I’m now just sticking with the 6 month oil change interval and be over with it. Oil is cheap, the engine isn’t.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    2001 Honda CR-V gen1 ... change oil every 5T kms ... sometimes it takes 2-3 years to change oil ... still running well at 115T kms ...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    2.0L gas siguro? 1.6L ang diesel.

I observed you can get away with almost 1 year oil change interval basta naturally aspirated and you drive it regularly. With turbo cars in general, diesel or gas, I wouldn't go past 6 months. Tried going 10 months without oil change with a turbo car, only 3k Km, but the oil looked black as hell and smelled like fuel.
    Sorry it's 1.6S Diesel2017 Honda CR-V Turbo and 7seats I'm a disciple din of 5k kms./6 months oil change. Kaya lang very rarely used talaga sya during this pandemic. Kaya i opted to extend the interval. Asked advice from Honda and ang sabi, since it's casa maintained, pa service ko na daw before mag 1 year next month.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Week-end project

1) Tinted the fog lights. Wala lang, reminds me of my old car na dilaw na dilaw ang fog lights

dsc_9602_l.jpg

dsc_9601_l.jpg

dsc_9609_l.jpg

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    2) And binaklas ko na rin lang naman yung bumper, I proceeded to change the horn (Denso JHorn Hyper)

dsc_9604_l.jpg

Red arrow: horn
    Yellow arrow: relay

dsc_9605_l.jpg

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Mine is out of warranty already. Has anyone tried 30wt oil? How much different is it from the casa's 16wt?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tsikot Forums mobile app