New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 527 of 530 FirstFirst ... 427477517523524525526527528529530 LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 5300
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Papajamba View Post
    Parehas tayo and once a year lang din oil change ko sa 3 cars. But like what others have said, better fully synthetic oil and higher quality pil filter
    Like wix or baldwin kasi once a year OC. I use Zic X7 and baldwin since 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Will go for the fully synthetic Sir Papajamba. Thanks2017 Honda CR-V Turbo and 7seats

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokyoo View Post
    3.5 years na Sir Egan101. Heavy PMS na daw sabi ni Honda. Need to change din the fuel filter.

Gas or diesel yung CRV mo? Check your owner’s manual for the suggested services based off distance traveled. However, keep the oil changed at least once a year. Kung gas yan CRV mo, look in Lazada for a Honda-spec 0w20 FS oil or similar (Amsoil).

Since you’re working from home, I suggest that you drive the CRV around your location at least once a week for around 30 minutes. These would keep the fluids circulating and the rubber parts from hardening.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Gas or diesel yung CRV mo? Check your owner’s manual for the suggested services based off distance traveled. However, keep the oil changed at least once a year. Kung gas yan CRV mo, look in Lazada for a Honda-spec 0w20 FS oil or similar (Amsoil).

Since you’re working from home, I suggest that you drive the CRV around your location at least once a week for around 30 minutes. These would keep the fluids circulating and the rubber parts from hardening.

2.0S Diesel Sir Egan101. Ganon na lang ginagawa ko. Drive it around makati or bgc area paminsan minsan. Will do the oil change this or next month. Thanks for the the input2017 Honda CR-V Turbo and 7seats

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokyoo View Post
    2.0S Diesel Sir Egan101. Ganon na lang ginagawa ko. Drive it around makati or bgc area paminsan minsan. Will do the oil change this or next month. Thanks for the the input2017 Honda CR-V Turbo and 7seats

2.0L gas siguro? 1.6L ang diesel.

I observed you can get away with almost 1 year oil change interval basta naturally aspirated and you drive it regularly. With turbo cars in general, diesel or gas, I wouldn't go past 6 months. Tried going 10 months without oil change with a turbo car, only 3k Km, but the oil looked black as hell and smelled like fuel.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    2.0L gas siguro? 1.6L ang diesel.

I observed you can get away with almost 1 year oil change interval basta naturally aspirated and you drive it regularly. With turbo cars in general, diesel or gas, I wouldn't go past 6 months. Tried going 10 months without oil change with a turbo car, only 3k Km, but the oil looked black as hell and smelled like fuel.
    Ok naman experience ko changing oil annually with a turbo gas car. I did it with my FXT and also on the Fiesta Ecoboost.

Yung Jetta 1.6L TDI namin is also on a 12-month change oil cycle. This is prescribed though by VW.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Ok naman experience ko changing oil annually with a turbo gas car. I did it with my FXT and also on the Fiesta Ecoboost.

Yung Jetta 1.6L TDI namin is also on a 12-month change oil cycle. This is prescribed though by VW.

Might have to take into consideration the driving conditions too. Frequent start and stop, short trips, lots of idling, all of those are considered as severe conditions. I’d consider 1k Km from the last oil change as severe too. I’m assuming there’s quite a lot of moisture built up in the oil with the car barely being used.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Might have to take into consideration the driving conditions too. Frequent start and stop, short trips, lots of idling, all of those are considered as severe conditions. I’d consider 1k Km from the last oil change as severe too. I’m assuming there’s quite a lot of moisture built up in the oil with the car barely being used.
    the next owner of the car will probably catch our oil change sins.
    heh heh.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Speaking of just once-a-year oil change, any tsikoteer who had engine problems due to this? Never had any engine problems in any of my cars for past decades even if i prolong oil change from the prescribed 5k kma to 10kms/1 year. Oldest car i have is 11 years old.
    We might be overthinking oil change intervals?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Speaking of just once-a-year oil change, any tsikoteer who had engine problems due to this? Never had any engine problems in any of my cars for past decades even if i prolong oil change from the prescribed 5k kma to 10kms/1 year. Oldest car i have is 11 years old.

i am a disciple of "... every 5000 km or every 6 months, whichever comes last..".
    mineral oil only.
    as we have several cars, oil change intervals of over a year are common.
    never have the cars had oil-change-related issue.
    we have 2003 altis.. 2005 diesel innova.. wigo..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002

i have always done once a year oil change for my cars since i can remember some nga more than 1 year pa. hehe
    My cars never had a problem since i had them that could be prevented by doing twice a year or more oil change.
    As long as you check the oil level and color regularly then the car's engine should run smoothly.