New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 525 of 530 FirstFirst ... 425475515521522523524525526527528529 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,250 of 5300
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Conservative tune Lang Yan. Ilan Lang itinaas. Umaabot ba Ng 250k km Ang average NCR car owner sa 5yr ownership.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jigeloh View Post
    30k-35k remap will do wonders.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
    Likewise, remapping the twin-scroll turbo N16 will boost from 160 hp to ~190 hp following the same gains.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    190hp / 400Nm CR-V would be something. Even a 30 hp bump would be great. But I think I'll stick to stock for now.

The nit I want to pick the most with the diesel CR-V is the constant shifting. In urban settings it feels like it shifts a thousand times before you get to where you're going. S mode minimizes that but still, heck of a lot of shifts.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it would appear,
    MT still has its uses.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    190hp / 400Nm CR-V would be something. Even a 30 hp bump would be great. But I think I'll stick to stock for now.

The nit I want to pick the most with the diesel CR-V is the constant shifting. In urban settings it feels like it shifts a thousand times before you get to where you're going. S mode minimizes that but still, heck of a lot of shifts.
    That 9sp ZF .... I wonder if it was designed for snail pace traffic. Hows the clocks umabot na 20,000km?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it would appear,
    MT still has its uses.
    Or 4AT, 6AT, or CVT for city driving. Lahat matibay. CVT walang serviceable parts, palit unit kung tamaan ng malas.

Paano pala nafi-feel ang shifts? Di ba madalas constant RPM lang makina habang nag accelerate sa city relaxed pacing? (4AT at CVT lang experience).

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Or 4AT, 6AT, or CVT for city driving. Lahat matibay. CVT walang serviceable parts, palit unit kung tamaan ng malas.

Paano pala nafi-feel ang shifts? Di ba madalas constant RPM lang makina habang nag accelerate sa city relaxed pacing? (4AT at CVT lang experience).
    i used to drive one of the earlier cvts, in the 2003 lancer cedia.
    it had no kadyots.
    it's fun to manipulate the pedal to watch the speedo needle climb up, as the rpm needle climbs down or remains un-moving.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post

lahat naman serviceable. we just don't have master mechanics that have expertise on these newer CVTS.

also failure rates on CVTs from Subawu Honda Nissan and Toyota in the US is less than 1%

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    lahat naman serviceable. we just don't have master mechanics that have expertise on these newer CVTS.

also failure rates on CVTs from Subawu Honda Nissan and Toyota in the US is less than 1%
    agree.. when watching repairs sa youtube.. sa US meron talaga "experts" sa field.. like ECU, BCM, transmission etc.. may mga mock engine or dashboard setup sila to test the modules and reprogram if possible...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it would appear,
    MT still has its uses.
    Not really an MT vs AT issue doc. It's just the design of the powertrain. Makes use of closely spaced ratios to make the most of the narrow powerband and modest output. Makes for exceptionally efficient fuel consumption paired with decent performance.

I don't mind having to trade a bit of fuel efficiency for more power and wider ratios. Something the 160 ps version may have addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    That 9sp ZF .... I wonder if it was designed for snail pace traffic. Hows the clocks umabot na 20,000km?
    Had this serviced at 15tkm before the lockdown. Now it's at ~15,800 lol.
    Last edited by Wh1stl3r; October 25th, 2020 at 11:30 AM.