New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 134
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25,500
    #1
    a few days ago the type r has been launched...

    no thread yet...wtf lol

    2017 Honda Civic Type R Review - Fastest FWD Production Car - YouTube

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25,500
    #2
    ganda ng rev matching... 🤤🤤🤤

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  3. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    805
    #3
    Wow! That looks so fun to drive!

    I wonder if this will reach the Philippines. Kahit nga yung 1.5T hatch na lang muna

  4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,390
    #4
    There is no question it's one heck of FWD car. However, will it have a good market locally? Maybe if it is priced for 2M or less, it is one great buy.

    However, if the price is set at over 2.5M, then it might have some problems selling. At around that price, you can go rally performance with a WRX STi or luxury performance with IS350 RWD. However, you can't beat exclusivity assuming only a few will be sold locally.

  5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,206
    #5
    limited to just 100 units with an estimated price of P2.7 million and delivery of the first units to customers starting in December 2017

    im sure ubos agad yan when it reaches our shores.


    Honda Civic Type R to be sold locally in limited numbers - Carmudi Philippines

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    805
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    limited to just 100 units with an estimated price of P2.7 million and delivery of the first units to customers starting in December 2017

    im sure ubos agad yan when it reaches our shores.


    Honda Civic Type R to be sold locally in limited numbers - Carmudi Philippines

    I just called my Honda dealer, they only have 2 units allocated, both sold out na.

  7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,206
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenR View Post
    I just called my Honda dealer, they only have 2 units allocated, both sold out na.
    since limited release, unahan na magpa reserve mga car fanatics diyan

  8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    16,342
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    There is no question it's one heck of FWD car. However, will it have a good market locally? Maybe if it is priced for 2M or less, it is one great buy.

    However, if the price is set at over 2.5M, then it might have some problems selling. At around that price, you can go rally performance with a WRX STi or luxury performance with IS350 RWD. However, you can't beat exclusivity assuming only a few will be sold locally.
    Bro I have a different take on this, I think the Type R will still sell even at 2.5M. You mentioned exclusivity, and I believe it will be the biggest factor for the Type R's success.

    The Type R isn't like the IS which is Lexus' bread and butter. It's more Honda's halo car like the STI. Though slower than an STI, the Type R has its own charm and its own loyal following.

    Heck, the Civic RS swayed a lot of would-be WRX buyers even if it's much slower. One factor is the lower price, but people are also drawn to the Civic's tech, and Honda's strong brand equity locally.

    Past the 2M price range, it's really a matter of the heart more than the mind. I think only the Land Cruiser qualifies as a sensible/practical purchase at that price point. Those Euro cars and decked out Jap tuners are really more geared towards fulfilling your heart's desire than getting the best value for money.

    Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

  9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,390
    #9
    ^^^ Jalopnik made a numbers comparison among the bonkers compact performance cars. The Civic Type R is the lightest (due to FWD setup) and has the highest top speed (169 mph). It is also the most affordable (less than 34k USD). The Focus RS, Golf R, and WRX STi are quicker to 100 kmh than the Civic Type R.

    deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2

  10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,317
    #10
    2.7mm hmmmmmmmm...........

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

2017 Honda Civic Type R