New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    SRP in the US is around USD 34K but dealers are selling at almost double that. Looks like HCP's local pricing is not so crazy after all.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    SRP in the US is around USD 34K but dealers are selling at almost double that. Looks like HCP's local pricing is not so crazy after all.
    A friend of mine in the US got his Type R for 33k plus taxes.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Delivered cost is typically close to $35k in the US and dealerships were charging anywhere from $5k to $20k markups on top of SRP.

$35k SRP + $20k dealer markup = $55k (PhP2.8M)

Local pricing is not crazy, it's already carefully calculated to take maximum advantage of the pricing situation as seen in the US and considering that only 100 units will initially be brought in. Just consider the markup as your "early adopter" premium. He he....

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Delivered cost is typically close to $35k in the US and dealerships were charging anywhere from $5k to $20k markups on top of SRP.

$35k SRP + $20k dealer markup = $55k (PhP2.8M)

Local pricing is not crazy, it's already carefully calculated to take maximum advantage of the pricing situation as seen in the US and considering that only 100 units will initially be brought in. Just consider the markup as your "early adopter" premium. He he....
    Yup, looks about right hehe. Having seen its exotic-beating performance in the Nurburgring I say well worth the money.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Well, what he told me was from their own dyno tests. I told him initial dyno tests abroad were getting around 280-290 whp but they only got around 240+ at the wheels.
    Mustang dyno reads the lowest of them all, around 255-260whp for the type R.

If He doesnt have a mustang dyno, Id stay away from His dyno shop until it is properly calibrated. ...Or He got a slow type R.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Our weather is different. The heat and humidity here can have a big effect on turbocharged cars.

And there's also a difference between uncorrected dyno numbers and SAE-corrected ones. Improper application of corrections can lead to unusually high numbers. (as often happens in the US)

The actual numbers don't matter.

What matters is how the car compares to similar cars on the exact same dyno in the exact same shop.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Our weather is different. The heat and humidity here can have a big effect on turbocharged cars.

And there's also a difference between uncorrected dyno numbers and SAE-corrected ones. Improper application of corrections can lead to unusually high numbers. (as often happens in the US)

What matters is how the car compares to similar cars on the exact same dyno in the exact same shop.
    That's what I don't get, why don't all dynos use standard correction factors? Even runs on the same dyno at different parts of the day can produce different readings because of changing conditions.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Was really tempted. If not for the manual transmission i would have gotten in on the action. But i heard it sold out 2 days after they opened it for reservations, so the point was moot.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by EQAddict; August 13th, 2017 at 11:30 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

That's already a given and deserves another discussion. Bottomline, on a properly set dyno(dynojet or dynapack, sae or std, etcetc) stock type r will pull 280-300whp any day.

If i have a type r and it reads 240whp and ill start to investigate... Dyno or my car?

I know you can ask speedlab on this one, the local civic turbo is 173whp stock on our conditions. Really close to the 174hp brochure. So maybe honda is under rating their cars? Who knows, fact is dyno charts dont lie especially if there are 4+ dyno read outs backing up each other.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Janemar View Post
    That's already a given and deserves another discussion. Bottomline, on a properly set dyno(dynojet or dynapack, sae or std, etcetc) stock type r will pull 280-300whp any day.

If i have a type r and it reads 240whp and ill start to investigate... Dyno or my car?

I know you can ask speedlab on this one, the local civic turbo is 173whp stock on our conditions. Really close to the 174hp brochure. So maybe honda is under rating their cars? Who knows, fact is dyno charts dont lie especially if there are 4+ dyno read outs backing up each other.
    240whp is good enough from 300hp at the crank, that's a loss of 20%. The WRX is rated around 220-230whp.

173whp from the Civic RS? How much does it make at the crank?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast