New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by petixs View Post
    They must be drinking something spiked at the corporate board room. You can see how overpriced the Jazz and City when they introduced their pricing for the latest gen City/Jazz, imagine almost 1.3 pricing for the 1.5 Variants, I wonder how the previous owners felt..... I'd be furious...kaya naman pala liitan ang presyo ika nga.

Dami pala nila ek ek na ibang category ang HR-V , cmon lets get real, they could have given it the 1.5 engine which it has in some markets, and competed with the current king which is the Ecosport, FORD is moving these babies despite some issues in the DSG trannies...

Oh well I think they are still stuck in the glory days when the Civic and CR-V where selling like hot cakes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

They must be drinking something spiked at the corporate board room. You can see how overpriced the Jazz and City when they introduced their pricing for the latest gen City/Jazz, imagine almost 1.3 pricing for the 1.5 Variants, I wonder how the previous owners felt..... I'd be furious...kaya naman pala liitan ang presyo ika nga.

Dami pala nila ek ek na ibang category ang HR-V , cmon lets get real, they could have given it the 1.5 engine which it has in some markets, and competed with the current king which is the Ecosport, FORD is moving these babies despite some issues in the DSG trannies...

Oh well I think they are still stuck in the glory days when the Civic and CR-V where selling like hot cakes.
    GP is not achieved only by high volumes (as what TMP does). You can also achieve the same by increasing unit margins (as what HCP does).

Honda doesn't need their pricing to be palatable to everyone.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    [QUOTE=krm;2559838]I took the ASX GSR for a test drive and noticed that they skimped on the insulation and sound proofing too. You can feel the vibration of the tranny on the floorboards and steering wheel especially in low gears. The groan of the tranny is very noticeable to inside the cabin similar to the ever-popular ecosport.

Hope to take out the HRV for a spin to compare.

Honda CVT isn't the best of breed, floored the HRV & same it groan & sluggish, --same with ASX.
    HRV steering has weight & feel, better than ASX. ----HRV steer lock to lock--2.71 as with ASX 3.3.
    I don't think if the NVH is rather stripped as well in ASX Pinas? measured in dB--ASX NVH even better than Mazda CX3.
    Tyres HRV much lower aspect * 55 than ASX 60, the issue here is I can replace a wider tyre for ASX, say 235-50-R18.
    ASX bigger 2.0L engine.
    Pros & cons slightly differs but what matter most is the price & the never fading distinctive Mitsu fighter jet front grille, Evo DNA.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Been driving the 1.8E for the last 2 days. The CVT is responsive,well the last cvt car i drove was the mitsu mirage, and there is a big difference on the way the vehicles respond. I have not driven any other cvt vehicles. Fuel consumptiion is around 9 to 10km/l combined. Having a blast while reversing the vehicle, as the reverse cam is multiangle and the lines/markings on the screen moves as you turn the wheel. I just hope there is a way to mirror the phone while in motion so that gps/waza would work.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    [QUOTE=RearLocker;2559875]
    Quote Originally Posted by krm View Post
    I took the ASX GSR for a test drive and noticed that they skimped on the insulation and sound proofing too. You can feel the vibration of the tranny on the floorboards and steering wheel especially in low gears. The groan of the tranny is very noticeable to inside the cabin similar to the ever-popular ecosport.

Hope to take out the HRV for a spin to compare.

Honda CVT isn't the best of breed, floored the HRV & same it groan & sluggish, --same with ASX.
    HRV steering has weight & feel, better than ASX. ----HRV steer lock to lock--2.71 as with ASX 3.3.
    I don't think if the NVH is rather stripped as well in ASX Pinas? measured in dB--ASX NVH even better than Mazda CX3.
    Tyres HRV much lower aspect * 55 than ASX 60, the issue here is I can replace a wider tyre for ASX, say 235-50-R18.
    ASX bigger 2.0L engine.
    Pros & cons slightly differs but what matter most is the price & the never fading distinctive Mitsu fighter jet front grille, Evo DNA.
    Sluggish? This is the fastest in the segment. Its faster than the 2.0 subaru xv and 2.0 asx.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    [quote=StockEngine;2560028]
    Quote Originally Posted by RearLocker View Post

Sluggish? This is the fastest in the segment. Its faster than the 2.0 subaru xv and 2.0 asx.
    I drove the jazz with their CVT tranny. If it is the same with the HR-V then I would disagree. I have an XV as my daily driver and the Honda CVT doesn't compare to Subaru's IMO. If I were to rank it in terms of tranny performance I'd go Subaru > Honda > Mitsubishi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[QUOTE=StockEngine;2560028]
    Quote Originally Posted by RearLocker View Post

I drove the jazz with their CVT tranny. If it is the same with the HR-V then I would disagree. I have an XV as my daily driver and the Honda CVT doesn't compare to Subaru's IMO. If I were to rank it in terms of tranny performance I'd go Subaru > Honda > Mitsubishi

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The jazz obviously has a smaller engine....

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I happened to see this in a mall display, I was impressed by the spaciousness but not by the quality and looks of the interior.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    I checked it out at one of the dealers and it looks better in person. My mind said "meh, it's too pricey." But my heart said, "it's worth it. "

9. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Baligtad naman sakin. Saw it in person sa mall display and meron na sa village namin. Parang mabilis lang siya magiging common-looking. Although sa pictures naman makes me want one.😛

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    So from your point of views, the interior is not that good quality? If you read the reviews of local online car magazines, most of them are all praises.