New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    double post
    Last edited by Louie Anson Ng; June 17th, 2015 at 05:30 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Thanks, I'll give him a call tomorrow

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    HR-V sales in the US and AU are very good, because of the pricing. Too bad Honda Ph sucks at pricing.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Because Honda PH, I suspect, has this illusion that theirs is a premium brand.

Um...not really.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Um...not really.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jave View Post

Um...not really.

Um...not really.
    I totally Agree..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    They must be drinking something spiked at the corporate board room. You can see how overpriced the Jazz and City when they introduced their pricing for the latest gen City/Jazz, imagine almost 1.3 pricing for the 1.5 Variants, I wonder how the previous owners felt..... I'd be furious...kaya naman pala liitan ang presyo ika nga.

Dami pala nila ek ek na ibang category ang HR-V , cmon lets get real, they could have given it the 1.5 engine which it has in some markets, and competed with the current king which is the Ecosport, FORD is moving these babies despite some issues in the DSG trannies...

Oh well I think they are still stuck in the glory days when the Civic and CR-V where selling like hot cakes.

They must be drinking something spiked at the corporate board room. You can see how overpriced the Jazz and City when they introduced their pricing for the latest gen City/Jazz, imagine almost 1.3 pricing for the 1.5 Variants, I wonder how the previous owners felt..... I'd be furious...kaya naman pala liitan ang presyo ika nga.

Dami pala nila ek ek na ibang category ang HR-V , cmon lets get real, they could have given it the 1.5 engine which it has in some markets, and competed with the current king which is the Ecosport, FORD is moving these babies despite some issues in the DSG trannies...

Oh well I think they are still stuck in the glory days when the Civic and CR-V where selling like hot cakes.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Honda Cars Philippines basically has the same pricing as Honda Thailand and if I have the money for a CUV I will buy the HRV in a heartbeat, not because of what Honda feels they are a premium brand but because of my familiarity with Honda engines I've owned. Owning two Civics, SiR and an FD I am the type of person who keeps his cars for quite a long time, maintaining them on my own. Since the HRV has the same R18a engine as that of the FD, it will not pose a problem for me maintaining it in the long run (after the warranty expires). That's why I still choose a Honda. Peace:-)

8. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Buying the HRV if Honda put underhood their Earth Dream direct-injected mill.

HRV is High-price Riding Vehicle. There are other brand like the old school ASX that still make you smile because it is well priced, I say old school due to Mitsu stripped the ASX GSR of safety features but has a premium feel of leather seats, sunroof & a nice SUV seating command (too bad HRV sits just like the Fit)

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    I took the ASX GSR for a test drive and noticed that they skimped on the insulation and sound proofing too. You can feel the vibration of the tranny on the floorboards and steering wheel especially in low gears. The groan of the tranny is very noticeable to inside the cabin similar to the ever-popular ecosport.

Hope to take out the HRV for a spin to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by RearLocker View Post

HRV is High-price Riding Vehicle. There are other brand like the old school ASX that still make you smile because it is well priced, I say old school due to Mitsu stripped the ASX GSR of safety features but has a premium feel of leather seats, sunroof & a nice SUV seating command (too bad HRV sits just like the Fit)

I took the ASX GSR for a test drive and noticed that they skimped on the insulation and sound proofing too. You can feel the vibration of the tranny on the floorboards and steering wheel especially in low gears. The groan of the tranny is very noticeable to inside the cabin similar to the ever-popular ecosport.

Hope to take out the HRV for a spin to compare.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012

The 1.8L will stay for the next 3-5years. They dont have a replacement yet.