New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yes. To each his own.

I checked out all the PPVs in this price range and none of them are as comfortable or as refined as a CRV.

Most car buyers don't really appreciate refinement and will just go for the biggest car they can buy for their budget.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yes sir, kaya rin naglabas ang CRV ng 7-seater para maka-compete sa mga PPV in terms of capacity.
    Pero refinement versus strength, mas pipiliin ko na strength. Besides yung refinement naglabasan na rin like Gen 4 Everest, plus after market shocks...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Salisipan View Post
    Yes sir, kaya rin naglabas ang CRV ng 7-seater para maka-compete sa mga PPV in terms of capacity.
    Pero refinement versus strength, mas pipiliin ko na strength. Besides yung refinement naglabasan na rin like Gen 4 Everest, plus after market shocks...
    Have you driven and ridden both? The CRV is way more comfortable than the Everest. Much less body roll, much less nose dive, yet the ride is less stiff.

It's by design - PPVs have more durable underchassis and the tradeoff for that is the less comfortable ride and less car-like handling vs CUVs. Oh and if we're talking about space, the CRV has more second row space than most PPVs, so if you just need to ferry 5 in comfort, CUVs can do the job just as well if not better than PPVs. 3rd row sucks though.

But like I said, the sales numbers show that people prefer the value offered by PPVs over the refinement and handling of CUVs.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Yes, I own a crossover that much better than the previous CRV's.
    I'm talking Everest Gen 4 with 4way suspension adjustment to compare with.

Comparing the two, the only problem is the body roll.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006

What crossover was it? Much better in terms of what?

I have a crossover also and my primary requirement for choosing a CUV over a PPV is handling and performance. PPVs are not that good in both aspects.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006

We also have an ASX and it's certainly NOT better than the CRV.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009

What year model is that sir?

In terms of what aspect?
    Last edited by Noel Salisipan; August 24th, 2018 at 09:13 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    https://www.*****************/articl...e147-235923157

Pricing is as follows:
    1.8 RS Navi CVT: PHP 1,495,000
    1.8 E CVT: PHP 1,295,000

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    What year model is that sir?

In terms of what aspect?
    2012 ASX GLS SE and 2018 CRV 2.0S.

The CRV is more spacious for both passengers and cargo, more comfortable with better seats and better ride quality. It also looks more respectable than the ASX. I like the ASX's sporty looks but the bigger CRV has more presence. Also, interior quality is worlds apart. Hard plastics all over the ASX and weird circular design on the dash and the shifter column.

Understandably, the CRV is better because it's one generation newer. But even the previous generation CRV has more space, better ride quality, more presence, and a much better interior than the ASX.

What I like about the ASX is that the 4B11 engine is a good match for the chassis although the CVT isn't as responsive as in the CRV. Handling is also good for the ASX, but still nowhere near a sedan. So it's like a crossover between a crossover and a sedan.

The ASX is a pretty good car but "pretty good" is not good enough in the competitive CUV market.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    2012 ASX GLS SE and 2018 CRV 2.0S.

The CRV is more spacious for both passengers and cargo, more comfortable with better seats and better ride quality. It also looks more respectable than the ASX. I like the ASX's sporty looks but the bigger CRV has more presence. Also, interior quality is worlds apart. Hard plastics all over the ASX and weird circular design on the dash and the shifter column.

Understandably, the CRV is better because it's one generation newer. But even the previous generation CRV has more space, better ride quality, more presence, and a much better interior than the ASX.

What I like about the ASX is that the 4B11 engine is a good match for the chassis although the CVT isn't as responsive as in the CRV. Handling is also good for the ASX, but still nowhere near a sedan. So it's like a crossover between a crossover and a sedan.

The ASX is a pretty good car but "pretty good" is not good enough in the competitive CUV market.

to simplify sir.
    comfortable (specially the 2011) - matagtag ang CRV
    ride quality - with Active stability control for my asx & 4WD option
    respectable - sa dalawang province ko, mas kilala ako ng mga kaibigan at kagrupo ko dahil rare si asx
    Interior/exterior appearance - subjective (ayaw ko na lang pintasan ang porma ng CRV)
    Space - aminado at mas malaki ang CRV (pero passenger the same)
    Agility - mas malaki mas mahirap dalhin so same sa responsiveness
    airbag = 7 for asx (I'm not sure sa CRV)
    Price = 1.5M
    2.0 engine equate to 9.9kpl for my 7yrs of use.

kayo na sir humusga, kung sa tingin nyo mas okey ang crv sa prefference ko, I RESPECT it.

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    What crossover was it? Much better in terms of what?

I have a crossover also and my primary requirement for choosing a CUV over a PPV is handling and performance. PPVs are not that good in both aspects.
    As I said, body roll lang ang nakita kong problema sa Everest 2017 in compare sa crossover ko. the rest is almost negligle in terms of handling & performance since I replace the shock with aftermarket.

Thanks sir, I hope I did not offend you.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Negligible difference in terms of handling but there's issue with body roll? ... Most people don't drive vehicles hard enough to know the difference in handling ... or understand what handling is all about ...
    Last edited by Walter; August 25th, 2018 at 04:39 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789