New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 831 of 884 FirstFirst ... 731781821827828829830831832833834835841881 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,310 of 8837
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I think you meant to say: high fuel consumption.

What is the fuel consumption? what is the readout now? do you reset this often?

8k for maintenance? is this for the 10,000km/6mo visit?

Honda Cars Philippines' Official Website hover to contact us, click on inquiries. the phone number is there..

Yes, I meant high fuel consumption. It's 6km/liter only and my 9-year-old Civic was even performing at 8km/liter 10 years ago when the engine and technology is not as advanced as today. Ang 6km/liter is city driving within Ortigas lang kasi nakatira kami sa Ortigas at puro Ayala The 30th or Capitol Commons or Robinson's Galleria ang pinupuntahan. Oo, ma-traffic sa rush hour ang area pero puro short distances lang naman yan. We never needed to go far because everything else is nearby including work location. Kahit nga ang Megamall bihira namin puntahan dahil wala kaming patience sa traffic sa Julia Vargas to enter Megamall.

May unang findings pa ang Honda Pasig na kapag city driving daw ay better na hindi naka-on ang Eco mode, mas tipid daw sa gas, which I found weird. Ang Eco mode daw for long distance driving like sa highway. Kaya nga may Eco mode supposedly for city driving di ba? Tapos they had us record then by going out of town. Syempre long drive yun na dahil nga ayaw namin ng traffic, pinili din namin na yung oras na walang traffic. They averaged that 13km/L long drive with the drive they did around Honda Pasig lang na 6km/L then concluded na 9.5km/L naman daw ang fuel consumption. Sa mga nababasa ko dito, other owners are getting around 11km/L in city driving. At sabi ko nga, ang lumang Civic ko na driving within the same area lang, nakaka-8km/L pa yun bago ko binenta several years ago. It was because of that that I chose to buy another Honda and also because of that kaya hindi ko matanggap ang 6km/L!

P8k for the 6mo visit na 3,500km pa lang natakbo. He told them na he only wanted what's required and trusted them kasi matanda na yun at hindi nya na nababasa mga maliit na prints like sa receipt. Maayos daw ang verbal nila na usapan na oil filter, motor oil, at washer drain papalitan. Sinabi sa kanya na P2.5k ang motor oil so when he was billed P8k, he assumed na mahal din ang iba + labor. Hindi nya akalain na pati P900 na car wash naka-charge.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Thanks for those who directed me to the Honda website or the googled Japan head office. I actually was hoping somebody knows the direct contact to the Consumer Services group of Honda Philippines, if someone has tried complaining before. The one on the website will only be directed to Sales or a third-party CSR or worse, back to the Honda dealers which mine would most probably land at Honda Pasig itself. Kaya wala akong tiwala dyan sa mga website Contact Us na sections.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by arielmerm View Post
    Yes, I meant high fuel consumption. It's 6km/liter only and my 9-year-old Civic was even performing at 8km/liter 10 years ago when the engine and technology is not as advanced as today. Ang 6km/liter is city driving within Ortigas lang kasi nakatira kami sa Ortigas at puro Ayala The 30th or Capitol Commons or Robinson's Galleria ang pinupuntahan. Oo, ma-traffic sa rush hour ang area pero puro short distances lang naman yan. We never needed to go far because everything else is nearby including work location. Kahit nga ang Megamall bihira namin puntahan dahil wala kaming patience sa traffic sa Julia Vargas to enter Megamall.

May unang findings pa ang Honda Pasig na kapag city driving daw ay better na hindi naka-on ang Eco mode, mas tipid daw sa gas, which I found weird. Ang Eco mode daw for long distance driving like sa highway. Kaya nga may Eco mode supposedly for city driving di ba? Tapos they had us record then by going out of town. Syempre long drive yun na dahil nga ayaw namin ng traffic, pinili din namin na yung oras na walang traffic. They averaged that 13km/L long drive with the drive they did around Honda Pasig lang na 6km/L then concluded na 9.5km/L naman daw ang fuel consumption. Sa mga nababasa ko dito, other owners are getting around 11km/L in city driving. At sabi ko nga, ang lumang Civic ko na driving within the same area lang, nakaka-8km/L pa yun bago ko binenta several years ago. It was because of that that I chose to buy another Honda and also because of that kaya hindi ko matanggap ang 6km/L!

P8k for the 6mo visit na 3,500km pa lang natakbo. He told them na he only wanted what's required and trusted them kasi matanda na yun at hindi nya na nababasa mga maliit na prints like sa receipt. Maayos daw ang verbal nila na usapan na oil filter, motor oil, at washer drain papalitan. Sinabi sa kanya na P2.5k ang motor oil so when he was billed P8k, he assumed na mahal din ang iba + labor. Hindi nya akalain na pati P900 na car wash naka-charge.
    Are you driving on S or D?

How many hours do you drive from home to work? Drive time in the morning and evening?

Also 13km/l out of town is a little low. Is this with one passenger lng?

Anyways since its under warranty, Go to your least favorite Honda dealer and have a look at the ecu status with a senior mechanic. This is the only way to check if there really is an anomaly causing higher fc than average. Ask if the temperatures are right. oxygen sensors ok? coolant sensor ok?
    any misfires?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    That's exactly why your FC is bad. Short trips. My current FC is also 6 km/L because I've just been driving around Ortigas.

Your city has an MID right? What's the average speed readout? If it's 12 kph or less, that explains why you only get 6 km/L.

I'm 100% sure I can get your car to deliver 15 km/L if you bring it out on NLEX.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; August 21st, 2018 at 11:26 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    just eyeballing that list, i could have halved the bill by crossing out some items that i am confident the car can do without.
    except for the filter that i can wash, i wouldn't touch the aircon if it was still cooling fine.
    no flushing.
    no anti-anti.

but yes, it takes some "exposure", to discern what is necessary and what is optional.
    Exactly what I was thinking Doc. Almost a third of the bill are extras. You won't even know if they actually put in or used those things. All treatments, additives, flushes, conditioners, and cleaning are optional and can be struck off the list.

Then again, if you really have a complaint regarding specific things, then it is implied that you agree to the labor and materials that are required to fix the issue. Yung case sa itaas I think may complaint na hindi lumalamig or mabaho buga ng aircon kaya may evaporator cleaning at antibac.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Are you driving on S or D?

How many hours do you drive from home to work? Drive time in the morning and evening?

Also 13km/l out of town is a little low. Is this with one passenger lng?

Anyways since its under warranty, Go to your least favorite Honda dealer and have a look at the ecu status with a senior mechanic. This is the only way to check if there really is an anomaly causing higher fc than average. Ask if the temperatures are right. oxygen sensors ok? coolant sensor ok?
    any misfires?

We went to Laguna for the out of town. 3 passengers. 13km/L lang which is low nga compared sa mga nababasa ko. Oxygen and coolant sensors are ok. Honda Pasig asked us to bring it back to them again for another check/calibration.

Home to work - 15-30 mins. 30 mins na ang afternoon na sobrang ma-traffic. Home is actually only 5 mins drive without cars on the road like during Holy Week, etc. Pero with normal traffic nga, it could take 15-20 mins in the morning and 30 mins in the afternoon. Lunch time to malls nearby around 15-30 mins again to get from point A to B. Weekends, same number of trips din also to malls nearby. Mga 3-4x a month din, visiting friends or family over the weekend in Pasig or QC areas.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    That's exactly why your FC is bad. Short trips. My current FC is also 6 km/L because I've just been driving around Ortigas.

Your city has an MID right? What's the average speed readout? If it's 12 kph or less, that explains why you only get 6 km/L.

I'm 100% sure I can get your car to deliver 15 km/L if you bring it out on NLEX.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Traffic syempre minsan less than 12kph. But normally, 15-20 kph. It still doesn't explain why my old civic was performing better. Does this mean better sa fuel consumption ang older models?

We went out to NLEX for one of the testings. 13kph lang ang performance which is quite low compared to others I have been reading here.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Traffic syempre minsan less than 12kph. But normally, 15-20 kph. It still doesn't explain why my old civic was performing better. Does this mean better sa fuel consumption ang older models?

We went out to NLEX for one of the testings. 13kph lang ang performance which is quite low compared to others I have been reading here.
    Have you tried full tank method?

Mine:

40 liters tank capacity

330 KMs tinakbo before full tank again.

Siguro more or less meron 4 liters pa prior filling up again.

City driving ito. Mixed traffic conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Oxygen and coolant sensors are ok. Honda Pasig asked us to bring it back to them again for another check/calibration.
    Hehe

Nag on CEL ko sa dash, dinala ko sa Honda Pasig for scanning. Oxygen sensor daw papalitan.

Nataon wala sila available na parts.

Nasa 12K din oxygen sensor.

Dinala ko sa Honda Kalookan, may available na oxygen sensor dun. Bago palitan scan ulit.

Binalikan ako nung SA, laki daw natipid ko. Busted fuse lang kaya umilaw CEL.

Imagine kung may available sa Pasig malamang pinapalitan ko na agad nung dinala ko sa kanila.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    ^
    Bakit nasira ang fuse? Over current?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk