New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 805 of 884 FirstFirst ... 705755795801802803804805806807808809815855 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,050 of 8837
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by em22898 View Post
    Bro, mind sharing your technique.?
    Afaik:
    While on D (not S), if about to overtake:
    - press the gas a little bit more, then pull the minus (-) shifter (para mag change sa lower gear). Engine will rev higher.
    - to overtake, while rev is high, hold on to the gas and pull the plus (+) shifter.
    One time ko lang ginawa, pero parang may kulang. Hehe.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    May kulang? It's probably what you're thinking that the tranny should act exactly how a m/t would, which would never be true at all. Of course, iba pa rin talaga ang hatak ng m/t tsaka since cvt yung sa honda, may delay parin sa acceleration, hindi basta yung biglaan. If you want it to stay on the same gear, what you do is put it to 's' then engage the paddle shifters. That way, nasa manual mode ka na once you do it. The shifting will be on your hands until you return it to drive.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    May kulang? It's probably what you're thinking that the tranny should act exactly how a m/t would, which would never be true at all. Of course, iba pa rin talaga ang hatak ng m/t tsaka since cvt yung sa honda, may delay parin sa acceleration, hindi basta yung biglaan. If you want it to stay on the same gear, what you do is put it to 's' then engage the paddle shifters. That way, nasa manual mode ka na once you do it. The shifting will be on your hands until you return it to drive.
    Sorry, didn't state clearly. May "kulang" means, parang hindi complete yung aking procedure or technique. Not about the delay or something..
    Anyway, So you still need to shift to S..? Okay. Got it. Sa D ko kasi ginamit.
    Thanks sa reply.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sorry, didn't state clearly. May "kulang" means, parang hindi complete yung aking procedure or technique. Or baka lang wala sa timing.
    Anyway, So you still need to shift to S..? Okay. Got it. Sa D ko kasi ginamit.
    Thanks sa reply.

'S' po sir then engage the paddle shifters if you want it to stay in one gear. I'm not sure lang if pwede mong i-redline pero parang hindi ata. Pwede ring stay at 's' and the engine will rev more higher than in drive, therefore it will also become more responsive. Kaya binanggit din na mas ideal sa uphill/downhill and overtaking dahil dun.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    'S' po sir then engage the paddle shifters if you want it to stay in one gear. I'm not sure lang if pwede mong i-redline pero parang hindi ata. Pwede ring stay at 's' and the engine will rev more higher than in drive, therefore it will also become more responsive. Kaya binanggit din na mas ideal sa uphill/downhill and overtaking dahil dun.
    Sa Sports mode If hindi ka mag change gear, siya pa din mag upshift automatically.

Mas higher nga yung revs compared prior shifting compared to D kaya mas malakas sa konsumo.

Ako hindi ko gaano nagamit, lagi lang on D kahit uphill or downhill gamit lang talaga paddles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ The previous generation City 1.5E (with paddle shifters) shifts gears automatically past 5k rpm when put on Sport mode as far as I can remember. It was a bit of a challenge revving that car to redline.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    E variant lang un sakin. Haha. Wala paddle shifters.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Ang question ko pala ay when nyo nilalagay sa S? Ok lang ba nakaapak pa rin sa gas? Triny ko kasi minsan pero nagrev xa at parang bumagal ako. Wahaha. Ayaw ko muna uli itry baka masira ko.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkana View Post
    E variant lang un sakin. Haha. Wala paddle shifters.
    I was talking about the previous generation City. Back then, only the 1.5E variant had the paddle shifters.

Ang question ko pala ay when nyo nilalagay sa S? Ok lang ba nakaapak pa rin sa gas? Triny ko kasi minsan pero nagrev xa at parang bumagal ako. Wahaha. Ayaw ko muna uli itry baka masira ko.
    I guess that is expected if the engine shifted down a gear.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Of course nakaapak pa rin sa gas. Pano ka bibilis kung hindi.

You use S when you need the engine to downshift so you get better acceleration for overtaking or uphill climbing.

If you put it sa S tapos bitawan mo accelerator, siyempre babagal kasi tumaas yung revs so nag-engine brake yung kotse.

Kahit ibaon mo lagi yung accelerator at irev mo laging to 6000 rpm at gamitin mo lagi ang S mode, hindi masisira yan. Hindi laruan yung kotse, matibay yan.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Bro, mind sharing your technique.?
    Afaik:
    While on D (not S), if about to overtake:
    - press the gas a little bit more, then pull the minus (-) shifter (para mag change sa lower gear). Engine will rev higher.
    - to overtake, while rev is high, hold on to the gas and pull the plus (+) shifter.
    One time ko lang ginawa, pero parang may kulang. Hehe.

Bakit mo pinipindot yung (+) shifter while overtaking??? That would make the car upshift in the middle of the overtake, taking you out of the powerband, which is what you DON'T want.

Your step one is correct - when planning to overtake, step harder on the accelerator. The City's CVT is smart enough to downshift and raise the revs, but if you want you can also flick the (-) shifter to ensure a downshift.

During your overtake, just keep your foot on the pedal until you've completed the overtake and safely returned to your lane. Then you can release the accelerator and the car will upshift by itself and the revs will go down.

There is no need to use the (+) shifter if you're in D as the car will upshift by itself once you let go of the accelerator.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk