New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 685 of 884 FirstFirst ... 585635675681682683684685686687688689695735785 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,850 of 8837
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Pardon my laziness nasa oto kase manual/warranty booklet.

anong PMS schedule ba ang palit ng coolant naten?

If originally type 2 ang nakalagay from the plant dapat after 10 years pa ang palit nun sa PMS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Pardon my laziness nasa oto kase manual/warranty booklet.

anong PMS schedule ba ang palit ng coolant naten?

If originally type 2 ang nakalagay from the plant dapat after 10 years pa ang palit nun sa PMS

10 years. tagal no. coz it's an organic acid coolant. no chemicals that get depleted

after that i think it's every 5yrs

3. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    type2 is a honda designation. i'm sure it's just an off-the-shelf organic-acid coolant from a supplier w/ minor tweaks

available ang type2. they ARE out there just don't accept no for an answer i've replaced the entire coolant on two hondas already. just be VERY PUSHY at your honda dealer LOL

yes "hostage" ka na sa type2 coz that's what's originally installed. so the insides of your engine & cooling system already have the chemical reactions w/ the coolant that's needed for the 10-year life of the type2 coolant. if you introduce a different chemistry you won't get the 10-year protection anymore.

kaya wag magpaloko. simply use type2 and you won't have to change the coolant for 10 years!
    Nalito na ako, sa HCCP group they always talk about topping up the coolant kasi daw minimum level na. Nakigaya naman ako.

Are you referring to the coolant yung liquid na blue or dun sa pinaglalagyan na pwede masira eventually because of the contaminated liquid from type 1?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dhisky View Post

Are you referring to the coolant yung liquid na blue or dun sa pinaglalagyan na pwede masira eventually because of the contaminated liquid from type 1?

what? you're not making any sense

btw don't be confused by the color. meron type2 premix naka plastic bottles. meron din type2 CONCENTRATE galing sa drum sa casa. both are type2 but different color so don't be confused

5. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    what? you're not making any sense

btw don't be confused by the color. meron type2 premix naka plastic bottles. meron din type2 CONCENTRATE galing sa drum sa casa. both are type2 but different color so don't be confused
    I'm talking about the coolant reservoir na eventually baka pwedeng masira because of type 1 coolant na sinasabi na wag ilagay because contaminated sya?

That's why I'm asking kasi if wala namang ibang parts na masisira and ang difference lang is you don't need to top it up anymore since sabi mo it'll lasts for 10 years.

Then in my opinion using type 1 is not a a big of an issue, again unles may ibang parts na pwedeng masira?

I'm not sure if we're on the same page pero humaba lang ang topic nito because of the term "never" use type 1

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    I'm talking about the coolant reservoir na eventually baka pwedeng masira because of type 1 coolant na sinasabi na wag ilagay because contaminated sya?

That's why I'm asking kasi if wala namang ibang parts na masisira and ang difference lang is you don't need to top it up anymore since sabi mo it'll lasts for 10 years.

Then in my opinion using type 1 is not a a big of an issue, again unles may ibang parts na pwedeng masira?

I'm not sure if we're on the same page pero humaba lang ang topic nito because of the term "never" use type 1

huh? bakit masisira yung plastic reservoir

you're totally not on the same page. and you have some weird ideas too LOL

if you don't understand then just follow the simple rule: don't mix type1 with your type2 coolant

simple. don't top up w/ type1. don't even touch type1. just stay far away from type1 ok?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    huh? bakit masisira yung plastic reservoir

you're totally not on the same page. and you have some weird ideas too LOL

if you don't understand then just follow the simple rule: don't mix type1 with your type2 coolant

simple. don't top up w/ type1. don't even touch type1. just stay far away from type1 ok?
    I read in HCCP group na nagkameron ng leaked yung coolant reservoir nya nung gumamit sya ng type 1. I'm not sure if it's related or it has something to do on mixing up the two that's why I asked you.

Again, not all of us here are car expert like you so excuse our ignorance.

Anyway upon reading this thread

Honda Type 2 Coolant

possible nga na may masira na ibang parts .

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Ang problema pala eh kung sa PMS mo eh nag top up na ng type 1 si casa sa coolant mo.

Winner!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Ang problema pala eh kung sa PMS mo eh nag top up na ng type 1 si casa sa coolant mo.

Winner!

During my 1k pms my coolant level was already below minimum and as per instruction by the casa mechanic pinabili nya ako sa kanila ng type 1 coolant (green color), at tinanong ko sa mechanic kung pwede bang paghaluin ang type 1 coolant at type2 coolant? At ang sagot nya ok lang raw kesa naman matuyo ang reservoir mo..pinilosopo pa ako, ano pa ba ang magagawa ko? Kung kayo papalag pa ba kayo para kontranin sya? Peace

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    I read in HCCP group na nagkameron ng leaked yung coolant reservoir nya nung gumamit sya ng type 1. I'm not sure if it's related or it has something to do on mixing up the two that's why I asked you.

Again, not all of us here are car expert like you so excuse our ignorance.

Anyway upon reading this thread

Honda Type 2 Coolant

possible nga na may masira na ibang parts .
    LOL i'm not expert. just pissed when the stealership tries to rip me off. of course they'll never get away w/ it LOL

don't worry about plastic reservoir there's no way it'll leak coz of type1

back to fundamentals, what's coolant? it's basically water coz water cools well but also a bunch of additives: glycol raises boiling point. anticorrosives. lubricants. anti-cavitation additives. etc

why anticorrosives? to prevent corrosion of metal parts inside which is a BAD THING for obvious reasons. type1 uses an older technology wherein it uses chemicals that get depleted over time in order to perform its anti-corrosive job, that's why you change it so often. type2 is a totally different chemistry that lasts 10 years (organic acid tech). type1 and type2 have totally different ways of doing the anticorrosive part

as i mentioned before the insides of your engine and cooling system (radiator etc) have already reacted CHEMICALLY w/ the type2. so mixing type1 can have some bad effects. imagine mixing some epoxy adhesive, then adding mighty bond to it how good would that be LOL

Quote Originally Posted by rwesley View Post
    During my 1k pms my coolant level was already below minimum and as per instruction by the casa mechanic pinabili nya ako sa kanila ng type 1 coolant (green color), at tinanong ko sa mechanic kung pwede bang paghaluin ang type 1 coolant at type2 coolant? At ang sagot nya ok lang raw kesa naman matuyo ang reservoir mo..pinilosopo pa ako, ano pa ba ang magagawa ko? Kung kayo papalag pa ba kayo para kontranin sya? Peace

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    kaya nga bili ka dapat ng type2. kung wala lagyan mo nalang ng distilled water. remember that coolant loss is due to evaporation and permeation through rubber hoses etc. only the water evaporates leaving the additives inside so it's ok to "dilute" w/ plain distilled water as long as it's just a small quantity

in other words it's better to "dilute" the coolant w/ water than to contaminate it w/ type1