New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 661 of 884 FirstFirst ... 561611651657658659660661662663664665671711761 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,610 of 8837
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    its the traffic....

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Agree.

Don't expect too much lalo na at ang lala ng traffic condition sa Metro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Agree.

Don't expect too much lalo na at ang lala ng traffic condition sa Metro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you mga bro for the inputs. So you guys don't feel na half the advertised city driving fuel economy is a problem? There was no traffic when i drove during the weekend which was about 80KM total...I was able to drive 40-60 KPH in EDSA and Q Ave which pushed my fuel economy up to 5.8 KM/L from 5.2 KM/L...tapos in the four weekdays I drove it was before 7am and before 5pm so traffic was not that heavy, except thursday afternoon. Sorry if im a vit confused and puzzled...first car ko kasi and although I did not expect to reach the advertised fuel economy given the breakin and differences in driving conditions...it just felt too low. 😁

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kabalyero View Post
    Thank you mga bro for the inputs. So you guys don't feel na half the advertised city driving fuel economy is a problem? There was no traffic when i drove during the weekend which was about 80KM total...I was able to drive 40-60 KPH in EDSA and Q Ave which pushed my fuel economy up to 5.8 KM/L from 5.2 KM/L...tapos in the four weekdays I drove it was before 7am and before 5pm so traffic was not that heavy, except thursday afternoon. Sorry if im a vit confused and puzzled...first car ko kasi and although I did not expect to reach the advertised fuel economy given the breakin and differences in driving conditions...it just felt too low. 😁

it says on the gauge? if yes, most of the time its inaccurate, try the full tank method, go to the nearest gasoline station near your home, fill her up (automatic stop)..reset odometer, drive normal route, before going home, fill her up again, same station, youll see how many liters youve consumed...cross referrence mo sa odometer...L/km

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008

i have a toyota minicar.
    and i found out that the km/li reading has to be zeroed, everytime i filled up.
    otherwise, that darned thing would compute km/li, based on the entire odometer reading from the time the car drove out of the factory.
    in other words, if i made 5 km/li last fill-up because of heavy traffic, then i got 10 km/li this week because of no traffic, that darned gauge will read as 7.5 km/li.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    it says on the gauge? if yes, most of the time its inaccurate, try the full tank method, go to the nearest gasoline station near your home, fill her up (automatic stop)..reset odometer, drive normal route, before going home, fill her up again, same station, youll see how many liters youve consumed...cross referrence mo sa odometer...L/km

Yes sir, based sa odometer ang 5.8 KM/L. What I have done so far to countercheck is just divide the odometer reading by the total consumed fuel i have, which computes to approx the same number. I havent tried yung method na nasabi mo though sir, pero will it be effective if 9KM lang roundtrip ko from house to office and back? I'll give this a try this week.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i have a toyota minicar.
    and i found out that the km/li reading has to be zeroed, everytime i filled up.
    otherwise, that darned thing would compute km/li, based on the entire odometer reading from the time the car drove out of the factory.
    in other words, if i made 5 km/li last fill-up because of heavy traffic, then i got 10 km/li this week because of no traffic, that darned gauge will read as 7.5 km/li.
    I need to check my manual sir on how the average fuel economy is computed...although feeling ko same siya sa kotse mo. Yung higher end variant lang ng city ang may instantenous reading so mas pahirapan ako sa checking. Thanks for the input!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Yes sir, based sa odometer ang 5.8 KM/L. What I have done so far to countercheck is just divide the odometer reading by the total consumed fuel i have, which computes to approx the same number. I havent tried yung method na nasabi mo though sir, pero will it be effective if 9KM lang roundtrip ko from house to office and back? I'll give this a try this week.

we also have a city at home...di ganun ang km/L, my xt is 7.75km/L, xmas traffic sa better living with a fast 140kmh+ Slex run to alabang and back..if you say di ka na tra traffic, i doubt its 5.8km/L

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    is it possible, it's not 5.8 km/li, but 5.8 li/100 km ?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    we also have a city at home...di ganun ang km/L, my xt is 7.75km/L, xmas traffic sa better living with a fast 140kmh+ Slex run to alabang and back..if you say di ka na tra traffic, i doubt its 5.8km/L

Thanks for the feedback. I guess what this means is i need to check the problem further. Something is off if an XT in worse traffic is more fuel efficient than a city. 😁

10. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    is it possible, it's not 5.8 km/li, but 5.8 li/100 km ?
    Well that's out of the box 😁

Good thing you mentioned it though...i'll double check just to be sure but what I recall is that it is km/L...but im a newbie and may have made a mistake. Hopefully this is it but if not...i guess i shall diagnose using the other suggestions before going to honda. Thanks!