New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 491 of 884 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501541591 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 8837
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Hello po. Question po

I have a 2016 City VX, every now and then nagkakaron ng corrosion sa contacts ng battery (which causes the car not to start). pinacheck na namin sa casa (alabang) before, nilinis lang nila then if maulit daw, ibalik para macheck kung may ibang problem. Since the problem is still recurring, pinacheck ulet namin sa casa kasabay na ng PMS. WALA NAMAN DAW PROBLEMA YUNG BATTERY. (nagcocorrode nga, walang problema? sauce.)

Baka meron po sa inyong may alam what causes it, and how to fix it. Pasok pa naman sa warranty ng battery so pinapapalitan namin kaso sabi ni hubby feeling niya ayaw palitan (and this is honda alabang kasi, and i've read negative comments for this particular branch, so baka nga). Or baka may masusuggest kayong ibang Honda service center na better service na makakatulong samin.

Thank you! :D

2. Join Date
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by cHerywinkLe View Post
    Hello po. Question po

I have a 2016 City VX, every now and then nagkakaron ng corrosion sa contacts ng battery (which causes the car not to start). pinacheck na namin sa casa (alabang) before, nilinis lang nila then if maulit daw, ibalik para macheck kung may ibang problem. Since the problem is still recurring, pinacheck ulet namin sa casa kasabay na ng PMS. WALA NAMAN DAW PROBLEMA YUNG BATTERY. (nagcocorrode nga, walang problema? sauce.)

Baka meron po sa inyong may alam what causes it, and how to fix it. Pasok pa naman sa warranty ng battery so pinapapalitan namin kaso sabi ni hubby feeling niya ayaw palitan (and this is honda alabang kasi, and i've read negative comments for this particular branch, so baka nga). Or baka may masusuggest kayong ibang Honda service center na better service na makakatulong samin.

Mam, if same problem occurs more than 3 times and the problem still persist you can insist Lemon Law. Takutan lang yan mam, kapag natakot sila, bibigay din yan. ;-)

Corrosion on the terminals is due to hydrogen gas being released from the acid in the battery. It mixes with other things in the atmosphere under the hood and produces the corrosion you see on the terminals. Generally, if the corrosion is occurring on the negative terminal, your system is probably undercharging. If on the positive side, it is probably overcharging. Most often it will be seen on the negative side because the battery is usually in an undercharged situation.

You will need to thoroughly clean the corrosion from off the posts. You can use baking soda and water solution to help in this endeavor. Ensure you have eye protection, clothes which you don't care if it possibly gets ruined (acid can do nasty things), and some type of gloves (nitrile gloves work great). Clean the area using the solution and a brush. It doesn't have to be a steel bristle one, just one which is stiff enough to remove the gunk. You will have to remove the battery cables to get them completely clean (sorry about the radio channel presets!). Finish your clean up with a good dose of water to flush the area of any residual corrosion. If you don't, it can eat away the paint in the nearby areas.

When done cleaning, to help slow down the corrosion process, coat the terminals with grease (high pressure grease or wheel bearing grease works as good as anything). It doesn't have to be a lot, but ensure total coverage of the metal at the terminals. Cover the outside of the terminals after you have put the cables back onto your battery. You can also purchase a aerosol spray coating which you can purchase from your local parts store. Your main objective is to keep the lead, escaped hydrogen gas, and oxygen from mixing which forms the corrosion you see after a period of time. Over time the grease will break down and corrosion may start, so regular cleaning and reapplication is a must. If you do this about every six months, you should be in good shape.
    - Source: Internet

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hello po. Question po

Tingin ko may problem po yan pag ganyan considering na bata pa ang auto. Assuming na pare-pareho tayo ng battery, yung nakakabit sa mga city natin looks like old batteries na restored lang (tapos tinapalan ng motolite sticker). I am assuming there will be potential problems lalo na pag sobrang luma na nung battery. Ang di ko po maintindihan ay bakit ayaw nila palitan. Planta naman dapat ang nagwa-warranty ng kotse, not the dealer.

Kung gusto nyo po lumipat, you may want to try honda cars QC specifically the main branch or marcos highway branch. so far, wala pa ako naging problema sa kanila. Honda cars makati - dami ko naririnig na negative feedback, lalo na alabang and pasig branches. Ayala pa man din may-ari.

Edit:
    "WALA NAMAN DAW PROBLEMA YUNG BATTERY." - how about the car itself?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Hello po. Question po

Your battery is due for replacement na. Na-corrode ang battery terminal mo, dahil isa sa mga plates nito sa luob ay shorted na, or dead plate cell na. Huwag mo pagtagalin pabayaan palaging ma-corrode sa battery terminal connectors, dahil kumakalat yan corrosion nya sa wiring, kahit metal connector mo para sa battery ay unti unti nito sisirain. Replace your battery as soon as you can.

Sent from my UP+ using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Hello po. Question po

If your car has a radio security feature that the battery must not be remove in order to function and your car to run. And your dealer is not willing to replace it even under warranty. Try to other CASA, and ask their SA, that you wish to replace your battery with a new one that you will buy it outside CASA.

Sent from my UP+ using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Mga sir, not sure if parang di gumagana un rear window demister/defogger ko. Dati naman pag may tubig, parang natatanggal nya. Un mga brown lines nagstart mag evaporate un tubig sa likod pero kanina hindi nya natanggal un tubig ulan. Natuyo nalang ng hangin.

Tnry ko itest pag uwi ko, binasa ko ulit un window and bukas nun rear defogger hindi padin gumana. Or normal lang ba un? Dahil hindi sya hamog or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by vinrom View Post
    Mga sir, not sure if parang di gumagana un rear window demister/defogger ko. Dati naman pag may tubig, parang natatanggal nya. Un mga brown lines nagstart mag evaporate un tubig sa likod pero kanina hindi nya natanggal un tubig ulan. Natuyo nalang ng hangin.

Tnry ko itest pag uwi ko, binasa ko ulit un window and bukas nun rear defogger hindi padin gumana. Or normal lang ba un? Dahil hindi sya hamog or something?

boss fog/moist lang tinatanggal ng rear defogger hindi tubig heheh

8. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by poleng23 View Post
    boss fog/moist lang tinatanggal ng rear defogger hindi tubig heheh
    Haha ganun ba? Tubig ulan kasi yan mula pa kagabi kaya parang hamog na din. Di ko alam if tama pagkakatanda ko natatanggal nya din yan. Pero un mga mukang condense lang natatanggal nya. Haha sorry noob lol thanks ser

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    You should read the vehicle's manual to get to know the features and proper operation of your vehicle.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    AFAIK hindi siya meant para tuyuin yung basa na glass

Defogger talaga yan

Honda Grace spotted in Jap!