New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    ang kwadrado naman yan
    That's the Honda design. Walang pinagkaiba sa bagong Pilot dyan sa Pinas. In fact napansin ko na maraming options ang hindi offered dyan yet it costs $20K more than here in the US.

http://automobiles.honda.com/pilot/price.aspx

Php2.6M = US$61.5k. Grabe ang taxes ha....

Not appealing to all people but function wise, mahusay. The Pilot was intentionally redesigned towards being a truck and not a curvy SUV. Kahit ako hindi ko nagustuhan at first, pero it grew on me na mas kailangan ko ang versatility and Honda reliability. Two years has passed (I got it 2010, one of the first 2011 on the lot) with no issues. Imagine what I felt coming from a BMW X5 before this!!! Rather than paying porma points and high maintenance costs of that SUV vs. owning an American SUV vs. Korean counterparts, eh dito na ako. Been there done that.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by aaa_usa View Post
    That's the Honda design. Walang pinagkaiba sa bagong Pilot dyan sa Pinas. In fact napansin ko na maraming options ang hindi offered dyan yet it costs $20K more than here in the US.

2012 Honda Pilot - Options and Pricing - Official Honda Site

Php2.6M = US$61.5k. Grabe ang taxes ha....

Not appealing to all people but function wise, mahusay. The Pilot was intentionally redesigned towards being a truck and not a curvy SUV. Kahit ako hindi ko nagustuhan at first, pero it grew on me na mas kailangan ko ang versatility and Honda reliability. Two years has passed (I got it 2010, one of the first 2011 on the lot) with no issues. Imagine what I felt coming from a BMW X5 before this!!! Rather than paying porma points and high maintenance costs of that SUV vs. owning an American SUV vs. Korean counterparts, eh dito na ako. Been there done that.
    Kamusta ang uphill ng pilot? Kamusta rin ang ride comfort? I will be in a market to get either pilot or mdx. Test drove mdx last saturday, i really loved it... Kaso lapit nang ilabas yung bagong model. As for pilot, it has been years since i drove it, felt like a big crv including the bumpiness. If you could share some more info, i will appreciate it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LNopal View Post
    Kamusta ang uphill ng pilot? Kamusta rin ang ride comfort? I will be in a market to get either pilot or mdx. Test drove mdx last saturday, i really loved it... Kaso lapit nang ilabas yung bagong model. As for pilot, it has been years since i drove it, felt like a big crv including the bumpiness. If you could share some more info, i will appreciate it.
    Sure. IMO mas maganda ang ride comfort ng current generation ng Pilot compared to the previous one, which I compared side-by-side with a good neighbor. Mas malaki ang luwang sa third row = boxy design. I've tried driving uphill in VT and in New Brunswick 2 years ago with no issues. Gas consumption is so-so. It could be better. Having that said, I would imagine na malakas sa gas ito sa Manila traffic.

I considered the MDX after downgrading from my former X5. But with the tech package sa MDX, mahal pa rin even with maintenance costs. I also learned the Pilot and MDX share the same engine and platform. Of course they have to justify paying extra $10K and upgrading to the Acura brand. That's what I chose the Pilot AWD Touring. It has all the options that my previous ride had without paying premium gas and premium cost for it! I have other priorities and investments to consider than owning a branded-european SUV on the road.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post
    Dito sa CA ang top-of-the-line Honda Pilot Touring nasa 2.1M lang tapos ang entry level nasa 1.5M lang.
    Mahal lang ng konti sa CR-V

Ibang klase talaga tax sa pinas
    About the tax,
    Pilot (Touring?) 4WD: P2.6M
    Explorer Limited 4WD: P2.37M (local spec Limited comes standard with "optional in the US" 20 inch polished alloy wheels)
    Both models cost around $41K in the US. Both are CBU from the US.

I wonder if HCPI will adjust the prices of their US sourced models in the future.
    Last edited by AG4; June 19th, 2012 at 12:07 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by aaa_usa View Post
    Sure. IMO mas maganda ang ride comfort ng current generation ng Pilot compared to the previous one, which I compared side-by-side with a good neighbor. Mas malaki ang luwang sa third row = boxy design. I've tried driving uphill in VT and in New Brunswick 2 years ago with no issues. Gas consumption is so-so. It could be better. Having that said, I would imagine na malakas sa gas ito sa Manila traffic.

I considered the MDX after downgrading from my former X5. But with the tech package sa MDX, mahal pa rin even with maintenance costs. I also learned the Pilot and MDX share the same engine and platform. Of course they have to justify paying extra $10K and upgrading to the Acura brand. That's what I chose the Pilot AWD Touring. It has all the options that my previous ride had without paying premium gas and premium cost for it! I have other priorities and investments to consider than owning a branded-european SUV on the road.
    ThNks for the info.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Let me revive this thread. I got this for my birthday last year in a Unique color, Dark Cherry Red 'coz mostly they came in Black, White and Dark Amber. Apparently only two of this color arrived from the US last year.

So far it's been fun to drive especially on those long stretches of NLEX and SCTEX. Very cozy and comfortable even for the third row passengers. It has ample head and leg room even for tall passengers and the suspensions are great. The fuel mileage is so so in the city but around 7-9k/lit on the hi-way. The sound system is decent enough with a subwoofer at the back to balance those mid and high frequencies. There is no GPS but it has a rear camera and proximity sensors that really help in my day to day drive. With the Pilot, the controls are simple and sensible enough to operate w/c is what makes most Honda cars a favorite choice, Simple and Idiot proof. This car has a high safety grade with a lot of airbags distributed in different places. Before I got this I scouted around and tested a Grey Market Prado, a Pajero and the latest (10 Year OLD design) Nissan Patrol. In the end the Pilot won my heart in terms of ride, comfort and practical cabin space.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by willyfernando View Post
    Let me revive this thread. I got this for my birthday last year in a Unique color, Dark Cherry Red 'coz mostly they came in Black, White and Dark Amber. Apparently only two of this color arrived from the US last year.

So far it's been fun to drive especially on those long stretches of NLEX and SCTEX. Very cozy and comfortable even for the third row passengers. It has ample head and leg room even for tall passengers and the suspensions are great. The fuel mileage is so so in the city but around 7-9k/lit on the hi-way. The sound system is decent enough with a subwoofer at the back to balance those mid and high frequencies. There is no GPS but it has a rear camera and proximity sensors that really help in my day to day drive. With the Pilot, the controls are simple and sensible enough to operate w/c is what makes most Honda cars a favorite choice, Simple and Idiot proof. This car has a high safety grade with a lot of airbags distributed in different places. Before I got this I scouted around and tested a Grey Market Prado, a Pajero and the latest (10 Year OLD design) Nissan Patrol. In the end the Pilot won my heart in terms of ride, comfort and practical cabin space.
    Idiot proof. I like that, man. But honestly, you did a good research on those cars and ended up with a good choice of an SUV.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009

Congrats for your new car! How much is the Pilot now after discounts? Meron din ba discount similar to outgoing Accord?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    *Trafficjam

Thanks for the compliment. It is a very good car considering its competitors. I am not tall as you can see in the picture but the height of the Pilot suits me well. I don't struggle getting into it nor do I have problems with visuals having no blind spot at all. The passenger cabin is so quiet and the engine sometimes feel like it isn't running at all being w/o any vibrations. When you floor it you could feel the might of the powerhouse underneath in a strange way making a unique faint grunt but taking off in a quick flash.

*ano727

Thanks Sir. I got it last June 8, 2013 and the price that time was 2.6M less 100K and the usual freebies but my SA gave me free 1K, 5K and 10k PMS + the so called Paint protection system (Hydrophilic coating). Actually, I placed my order on the last week of May that year but my SA advised me to wait for the upcoming Promo of June. During the May promo the Discount base was only 50K but luckily I opted to wait a little and got 2x the discount base.

*monty_GTV, glntVR and Trafficjam

Thanks for liking my ride.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    *Trafficjam

Thanks for the compliment. It is a very good car considering its competitors. I am not tall as you can see in the picture but the height of the Pilot suits me well. I don't struggle getting into it nor do I have problems with visuals having no blind spot at all. The passenger cabin is so quiet and the engine sometimes feel like it isn't running at all being w/o any vibrations. When you floor it you could feel the might of the powerhouse underneath in a strange way making a unique faint grunt but taking off in a quick flash.

*ano727

Thanks Sir. I got it last June 8, 2013 and the price that time was 2.6M less 100K and the usual freebies but my SA gave me free 1K, 5K and 10k PMS + the so called Paint protection system (Hydrophilic coating). Actually, I placed my order on the last week of May that year but my SA advised me to wait for the upcoming Promo of June. During the May promo the Discount base was only 50K but luckily I opted to wait a little and got 2x the discount base.

*monty_GTV, glntVR and Trafficjam

Thanks for liking my ride.
    Reviving this thread. We're looking for a 7-8 seater SUV, and this car is on the list since my mom was fascinated when she saw the design and roominess of this car. Since the 2016 model is too expensive at Php3.3M, we're scouting the 2nd hand 2012-14 model, which are around Php1.45-1.49M based on online ads.

For those who own this vehicle, how is the reliability of this vehicle so far, and exactly how hard is it to maintain? I know it's going to be difficult since its a low volume seller and imported model, but I just want to gain some input from you guys so I could get hold of its ownership experience and explain it to my mom as well. TIA!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast