New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    The 2012 Civic does not disappoint in terms of performance, but I feel shortchanged in some specs, like, no master lock switch (I thought this is a standard in most sedans, esp, in the Civic EX variant), and the spare key has no keyless buttons. As expected, Honda casa has yet to come up with the tech/skill/template for such add-ons. Also the armrest is a bit low. Now, that is a disappointment and would take getting used to

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    it's always a gamble to be one of the early adopters to a new release version of the product. I had that experience when I purchased my 7th gen civic, when the top model doesn't even have alloy wheels; just steel wheels and plastic caps (ended up paying top $ to get aftermarket wheels).

In the US, there are several variants of civic, DX (entry level), LX - some power features, EX - top-end with other variations (ex, ex-navi, ex-l navi; ***navi = navigation), Si - top-top end - much higher HP, bigger and wider alloy wheels, low profile tires, and sportier suspension (Si, Si-Navi). I am not sure how is the variation in the philippines is for civic, but looks like the EX is the counter part of LX in US.