New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    So I decided to find a replacement to our old v6 gas guzzler with another SUV (owned a monty since 2010) but with sedan like comfort. Additionally, I’ve been eyeing and waiting for the 2013 Santa Fe for quite some time now when one day my wife was picked-up by her friend driving a 2012 CRV. She fell in love with it so I test drove it after a week and also became enamored with its ride and looks and I am close to deferring the purchase of the Santa Fe in favor of the crv. (maybe after a year or so I can trade the monty with the santa fe, this is my current plan)

My dilemma is if I should purchase the more practical and cheaper (1.425m) 2.0 LX or the more loaded and expensive (1.655M) 2.4EX. The 2.0 puts me off by its very basic package, (no Bluetooth, usb, i-mid, etc.) that it seems more sensible to buy a Japan made Civic exi with all the bells and whistles for less money. The 2.4 on the other hand has all the modern amenities (less the gps) but comes with a much steeper price tag (which is, btw, within Santa Fe price territory – 1.768 for the A/T) and probably a more taxing affair in terms of fuel consumption.

So sirs, based on your own experiences, my questions are as follows:
    1. Is the 2.0 has significant advantage over the 2.4 in terms of fuel consumption?
    2. Which among the two (2.0 vs 2.4) has more value retention after years of usage or are they practically the same? I know from experience that the values of cars here in PH are mostly biased on fuel economy rather than what it’s truly worth.
    3. Should I stick with the original plan of buying the Santa Fe instead of the CRV 2.4 w/c only has less than 100k price difference over the latter?

Thanks and I hope you guys can finally make me decide on what should I buy before the year ends.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    test drive first the new SF with your wife then decide.
    you can't compare the two without experiencing the other. bias yon...hehehe

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    get the TOTL, more toys = more fun..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Thanks for your reply sirs, i'm about to sched a test drive on the sf.
    The totl crv is on the top of my list actually. I guess the verdict shall be out after my 2nd test drive.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Check hyundais pms on the sta. fe

6. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bern0118 View Post
    So I decided to find a replacement to our old v6 gas guzzler with another SUV (owned a monty since 2010) but with sedan like comfort. Additionally, I’ve been eyeing and waiting for the 2013 Santa Fe for quite some time now when one day my wife was picked-up by her friend driving a 2012 CRV. She fell in love with it so I test drove it after a week and also became enamored with its ride and looks and I am close to deferring the purchase of the Santa Fe in favor of the crv. (maybe after a year or so I can trade the monty with the santa fe, this is my current plan)

My dilemma is if I should purchase the more practical and cheaper (1.425m) 2.0 LX or the more loaded and expensive (1.655M) 2.4EX. The 2.0 puts me off by its very basic package, (no Bluetooth, usb, i-mid, etc.) that it seems more sensible to buy a Japan made Civic exi with all the bells and whistles for less money. The 2.4 on the other hand has all the modern amenities (less the gps) but comes with a much steeper price tag (which is, btw, within Santa Fe price territory – 1.768 for the A/T) and probably a more taxing affair in terms of fuel consumption.

So sirs, based on your own experiences, my questions are as follows:
    1. Is the 2.0 has significant advantage over the 2.4 in terms of fuel consumption?
    2. Which among the two (2.0 vs 2.4) has more value retention after years of usage or are they practically the same? I know from experience that the values of cars here in PH are mostly biased on fuel economy rather than what it’s truly worth.
    3. Should I stick with the original plan of buying the Santa Fe instead of the CRV 2.4 w/c only has less than 100k price difference over the latter?

Thanks and I hope you guys can finally make me decide on what should I buy before the year ends.

Just got my 2012 Honda CRV 2.0. Fuel economy is manageable 7-8 km/l city, 9.5 km/l highway. with the erratic condition of the fuel prices plus less tasking and reasonable Maintenance cost compared to a diesel fed engine's expensive maintenance cost. go with the 2.0. if speed is not a problem to you, 2.0 is for you. I'm happy with my CRV.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    weathertech digital liners? txt or call 09228579925

2012 CRV 2.4 or 2.0?