New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Camgen6 View Post
    Huh? akala ko both macpherson and double wishbone have independent suspensions, meaning movement of one side does not affect the other.
    Both types of suspension are independent. Almost all new cars, specially the FWD cars use MacPherson Strut suspension up front.

MacPherson strut
    The Main advantages of the MacPherson strut suspension, its simpler, lighter and takes up less horizontal space.

Double wishbone
    The Double wishbone suspension is more complex and takes up more space, but the upper and lower arm design allows the designers to tune the kinematics of the suspension to optimize wheel motion.

I guess you can say the Double wishbone suspension is probably easier tune compared to the MacPherson strut, because its layout allows it while the strut layout is more limited.

But of course through the decades companies like BMW and Porsche figured out how to push the strut design to its limits.
    Last edited by AG4; March 18th, 2009 at 09:51 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sir AG4,

Based from numerous reviews, MacPherson strut suspension of a Mazda 3 is better than Honda civics, can you give us technical explanation regarding this? Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Everything you all said

+

Rear wheel drive with Torsen LSD.
    Factory Variable Geometry Turbo
    Projector headlights
    LED turn and brake lights
    Heads-up display
    Only Nissan would make one. FWD and N/A has always been the hallmark of the Civic. Come to think of it, not even the S2000 (which is RWD) is turbocharged.

My wish is:

FD-gen SiR with M/T on a high-revving K20 (or remake of the legendary B16 or B18) to heat up the compact sedan market.

My other wish is:

For Honda to quit the luxury car route on its small cars.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Any updates for the 2011 Honda Civic?! Spyshots?! New Specs?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2011 Honda Civic Wish List