New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    I can't believe many of you actually liked that ugly rear of the pre-facelifted Accord. Actually, it's the only major flaw in an otherwise perfect family sedan, well, apart from a mistakenly installed 2-liter engine that's slow and thirsty. Oh well, the design is an acquired taste. This one is way better for me though. It's not attractive yes, but not offensive either. With a black color, it reminds me of the usual police car in the US. Until this day this particular car is still favored by many Americans. It's even more involving than the new Camry, despite being more powerful.

We should see the all-new model later this year, and I hope they won't go the ES Civic way by introducing a worthy replacement.
    Tama ka sir squala, para sa akin mas maganda ang buttlifted na 06 at LED lights pa...if I recall correctly the reason kaya pinalitan ang rear end ng Accord (2003-2005) eh maraming nag complain. All new ang Accord sa 08... for the prospective buyers, if you're willing to wait.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Mga 245 ps, approx 242 hp. 241.6484 to be a little more precise.
    Napuna ko lang bakit ang Asian V6 Accord ay 3.0L, when I test drove the USDM 06 Accord eh 3.5L, not that it matter, they have the same horsepower (240) pero just yesterday when I check my co-worker's 02' Accord coupe it also has 3.0L could the Asian Accord still uses an old type engine? please advice....

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by medyas View Post
    Napuna ko lang bakit ang Asian V6 Accord ay 3.0L, when I test drove the USDM 06 Accord eh 3.5L, not that it matter, they have the same horsepower (240) pero just yesterday when I check my co-worker's 02' Accord coupe it also has 3.0L could the Asian Accord still uses an old type engine? please advice....
    I think USDM Accords also have the 3.0L V6 still. But hp is up to 244. It's still a wonderful car to drive.
    It just so happens the Camry caught up and surpassed many of its rivals in acceleration and power. An M/T Accord V6 can probably still match the new 3.5L V6 Camrys in acceleration.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 10th, 2007 at 12:26 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I think USDM Accords also have the 3.0L V6 still. But hp is up to 244. It's still a wonderful car to drive.
    It just so happens the Camry caught up and surpassed many of its rivals in acceleration and power. An M/T Accord V6 can probably still match the new 3.5L V6 Camrys in acceleration.
    Jun, you're probably right, I always thought na 3.5 ang V6 Accord, ito kasi ang nasa Odyssey ko at sa Pilot at sa Ridgeliine.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by medyas View Post
    Jun, you're probably right, I always thought na 3.5 ang V6 Accord, ito kasi ang nasa Odyssey ko at sa Pilot at sa Ridgeliine.
    Makes sense. The 3.5L V6 has better torque for people-carrying and towing duties.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The upcoming V6 Accord should have at least 3.5 liters, and Honda will try everything to make it more powerful than the Camry, at least on paper.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The thing is: how much power do we really need here? The Accord already has more power than its tires can cope with in Manila traffic, and is already a sub-8 car. The Camry is potentially sub-7, but it may be limited also by tires and electronic throttle programming... no one locally has gotten the same time as C&D (below).

A 3.5 liter Accord would serve as a nice flagship model, but I think the 3 liter is enough for anything you could want here.

Give me an MT 2.4 any time. ...but the Accord's AT is pretty good, nonetheless...

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...accord-se.html
    -Apparently, I'm not the only one blown away by the steering. It's almost enough for me to forgive Car&Driver for making it one of their "10Best" for over 10 years straight.

Almost.

note how low the Camry scored... and this is the current model (same as the local one, except for the looks.) This is worrying, as this isn't the first time I've heard of loose or insubstantial trim on the new Camry, but it might be due to problems with Toyota's North American plants.

But for Camry lovers, at least it's still on the "10 Fastest Cars for under $25k for 2007"... http://www.caranddriver.com/features...camry-v-6.html
    5.8s to 60... for an AT?

----

While the 2.0 AT may not be very impressive, it's also a smooth performer, with that excellent AT and good grunt. I've ridden it and driven against it with the Lynx, and while I wouldn't call it impressively fast, it's not slow, at least.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Engines make less power here because of the warmer air... c&d normalizes their acceleration times, but still to a temperature that is cooler than what we have here.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt View Post
    Engines make less power here because of the warmer air... c&d normalizes their acceleration times, but still to a temperature that is cooler than what we have here.
    True... one of their dirty little tricks.

Yes, it does seem that some engines suffer a lot from local heat. The Focus ST and Camry here don't seem to perform as well as they do in US/UK testing... (even the pussyfoots at Edmunds could get the Camry down to 6.5 seconds)... as testing only nets about 8 seconds for either car. Even the local Nissan Z ATs record relatively so-so times.
    Last edited by niky; February 12th, 2007 at 02:54 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    True... one of their dirty little tricks.

Yes, it does seem that some engines suffer a lot from local heat. The Focus ST and Camry here don't seem to perform as well as they do in US/UK testing... (even the pussyfoots at Edmunds could get the Camry down to 6.5 seconds)... as testing only nets about 8 seconds for either car. Even the local Nissan Z ATs record relatively so-so times.
    Then that mean turbos would be even more prone to tropical heat, much more so than naturally-aspirated or supercharged cars. I've seen it happen with my Laser when I went to Miami Florida during the summer of 1994. I'd say Miami is every bit as hot and humid as the Philippines during the summer months.

Then again here in AZ, it gets as high as 120F/49C during summer. Our Sonata doesn't seem to be affected too much although the Contour struggles a bit.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 16th, 2007 at 05:41 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2007 Honda Accord V6 Short Drive