New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hehe, mahal talaga sa Pinas, tanggap na iyan dito...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Has anybody seen one in the streets? I haven't. I wonder how many Honda has sold, if any?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    isang beses pa lang ako nakakita nyan.. sa may greenhills.

hindi yata type ng mga rich people dito ung honda pilot.

maspreferable parin talaga ang FORD explorer or expedition.

pangit kasi ng pricing ng pilot.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Oh well, as supposedly unattractive and priced out of the Philippines market the Pilot may be, despite all that it continues to reap awards in the US ie. Car and Driver, etc. The old adage "Beauty is skin-deep" truly applies to the Pilot.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah... but people can't get over the fact that it's "just" a Honda... at least the Murano has that futuristic/classic look going for it.

And at 2.6 million... heck, you could get an Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4 for much less. And that one matches the Pilot on most fronts.

Still, sayang. I hope Honda will consider SKD'ing this unit for local consumption, but even if they did, the market is limited, so it might not be worth their while... Sayang talaga.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Will get mine late November or early December. Nasa customs na as of November 9. Taffeta white! Mga 3 weeks pa sa customs before Honda Marikina gets to release it.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Update lang peeps..

Got my 2007 Honda Pilot last December 5, 2006, taffeta white. Told the dealership I got stuck at work so they delivered the unit at my house. A Honda bigwig was with the branch manager to give me a "giant" key to symbolize daw the first unit to roll off Philippine roads. After coffee and picture taking they gave me the keys...in a nutshell:

Smooth, cushy ride. Handling predictable, steering rather vague but not lackluster. Rev willing, great sounding, muted when floored V6 VTEC engine. Made mince meat of winding uphill roads in Tagaytay highlands/midlands with 8 people on board. Getting 4.5-5km/l real world city driving, haven't drove up the NLEX so highway driving consumption still undetermined. Logged on 2100+ kilometers.

Still waiting for the ipod adapter from American Honda and so far bought a next base 8.5" dvd player to keep kids at bay and my sanity in check.

N.B. Sorry guys, I test drove the "old" Ford Explorer and it can't compare(not even close)with Pilot's road manners, well not at least in this model cycle.
    No rants yet, except a squeaking thingie sa suspension, readily corrected by "the pinoy guy" who trained sa US for the Pilot.
    Well if you call my wife "preferring" to use my Pilot over her Benz B170 then this is another rant so far.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wow... congrats sir on your purchase. :shake:

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Thanks mazdamazda.
    Really enjoying the Pilot, the more you drive it, everyday specially in city traffic. As the adage goes...I really take the long way home when I drive it.
    ....kahit na less than 5km lang workplace ko from home.

Nakunan yata ng pix ni Vince ng Big Berts nung na carwash yung Pilot just before New Year. Sana he can upload them for me, he he.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Congrats! :D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2006 Honda Pilot test drive