New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    the dash alone makes it a good civic! hehe

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    wow ang ganda ng interior ng hatch na civic ah.Hindi ko lang gusto yung shape niya.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pink_cadillac
    And it doesn't necessarily mean bad handling as well.

The Series 3 Sentras are a pretty darn good ride if you ask me.
    no offense, it might be good enough for 90% of the population, but still not good enough for the higher demands in terms of handling in Formula One and World Rallye Championships.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 109
    beam axle din ba yung ginamit sa nissan maxima several years back, which earned praises from the automotive world?
    for its engine perhaps, don't recall it had ever had good review about its handling.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow, so much for Sentra having such a nice handling with beam-axle. Like I said earlier, my wife's current car is a 2004 Sentra. I dont wanna be mean but Sentra has a lot of bodyroll on turns, freeway(highway) cloverleaf etc. And when you are a rear passenger and the car hits a bump, *thud*, *ouch*, uncomfortable. Even if we have to compare it with my previous 2004 Civic.

but Im pretty sure my wife's sentra handles better than the jeepney.

Beam axles are not that bad. And they give the advantages of less cost, less weight, less complexity and more space efficiency.
    Sure, with those categories, its not that bad. But what about the handling characteristic/category which is the suspension's main purpose?! And then again, the general public doesnt care about handling characteristics anyway. Their only concern is trunk space.

hatch then the most likely reason is to help on space efficiency.
    I concur.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We'd be lucky if we get that uber-hot hatch as it is here. Most likely we'll get a watered down version.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There are days when you just want all the grocery bags to fit in the trunk and challenging a two-lane twistie is the farthest thing from your mind.

The Civic has always been designed to appeal to mr. and ms. average. Then more specialized variants just branch out of the family tree.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If beam-axle was designed to increase trunk space, I wonder why:

2004 Corolla 14 cu.ft / max cargo 13.6 cu.ft (4-wheel independent suspension)
    2004 Sentra 12 cu.ft / max cargo 11.6 cu.ft (front independent, rear beam axle)

I believe that suspensions are not just for the so called 'twisties,' it was designed by manufacturer's R&D for handling without sacrificing comfort.

Sadly, there are not any day that we want to be comfortable in our ride.

But then again, the latest survey of the average Civic buyers/owners are 58yr-olds.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not sure if the Corolla is physically bigger than the Sentra, though.

But locally, the Sentras have more usable trunk space because there is minimal intrusion of the suspension into the trunk.

And beam axles do cost less for manufacturers (another factor).

Sometimes it just seems stupid that sedans are getting live axles while 4x4's which work better off-road with live axles, are going independent.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Length

Sentra: 177.5
    Corolla: 178.3

Width

Sentra: 67.3
    Corolla: 66.9

Height

Sentra: 55.5
    Corolla: 58.5

True Market Value

Sentra: $14,897 (arent they supposed to be cheaper?)
    Corolla: $14,758

Then the reliability between the two is added to the equation.

And beam axles do cost less for manufacturers (another factor).
    This and ONLY this factor seems to be the valid argument for me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2006 Honda Civic to have... A BEAM AXLE?!?