New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    The 'shudder' mainly presented itself when starting from stand still and was more pronounced when going into u turn slots.

I dont recall having shudder when shifting to reverse in that instance though.

This was i think back in 2014 or 2015 when it happened.

The more recent one was shudder, especially full stop, ac on while in drive then it could actually kill the engine. Idle Rpm with ac on drops below 800rpm, i think dip to 500 to 600 range and then engine dies. Here also, even when already in motion, there is that feeling where there is a split second cut in power even when you are on the accelerator. So parang nag biglang engine brake ng saglit then tuloy accelerate ulit.

They replaced spark plugs, ignition coil was ok and cleaned throttle body. Sinabay na lang din cvtf replacement. Shudder no longer as pronounced and no more shutdown events. But there is still some shudder when going to full stop while in drive so you have to really shift to neutral to eliminate any remaining shudder.
    Sir yun po bang replacing flywheel was the one that totally resolve shuddering issue of ur idsi when full stop while in drive mode?

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekoy View Post
    Sir yun po bang replacing flywheel was the one that totally resolve shuddering issue of ur idsi when full stop while in drive mode?
    For the 2014 issue, the flywheel resolve the shudder issue from standstill for me, at least. While the wheel bearing was the one causing the "jerkiness" when performing a u turn then.

This 2019 issue, the throttle body cleaning and spark plug replacement were the main culprits (I had the spark plugs replaced outside casa and they gloriously failed prematurely as I have yet to reach 40k kms on them). Throttle body cleaning helped in maintaining idle rpm, spark plugs were the main cause of that split second loss of power while accelerating or idling also.

That's why I personally would recommend to have diagnosis done by Honda and you have the option to then do the work with Honda casa or your trusted mechanic talyer should the estimate come out too high for your liking as you might find a better deal outside after the culprit part has been narrowed down.

You've actually done most of the items done already to our idsi city in both instances and it appears only the flywheel is left though. I don't know if your trusted mechanic can do a free checkup of the flywheel if it looks to be the issue remaining.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    For the 2014 issue, the flywheel resolve the shudder issue from standstill for me, at least. While the wheel bearing was the one causing the "jerkiness" when performing a u turn then.

This 2019 issue, the throttle body cleaning and spark plug replacement were the main culprits (I had the spark plugs replaced outside casa and they gloriously failed prematurely as I have yet to reach 40k kms on them). Throttle body cleaning helped in maintaining idle rpm, spark plugs were the main cause of that split second loss of power while accelerating or idling also.

That's why I personally would recommend to have diagnosis done by Honda and you have the option to then do the work with Honda casa or your trusted mechanic talyer should the estimate come out too high for your liking as you might find a better deal outside after the culprit part has been narrowed down.

You've actually done most of the items done already to our idsi city in both instances and it appears only the flywheel is left though. I don't know if your trusted mechanic can do a free checkup of the flywheel if it looks to be the issue remaining.
    Thank you so much sir for these informations, i see some hope and wishing that i can finally resolve this issue... Its been 3 months already that im trying to bring my car to different mechanics whom i heard n "magaling daw". Unfortunately no one see the real problem.. I'll post an update here sir once im done with this flywheel thing... Maraming salamat po sir....

4. Join Date
    May 2019
    Thank you so much sir for these informations, i see some hope and wishing that i can finally resolve this issue... Its been 3 months already that im trying to bring my car to different mechanics whom i heard n "magaling daw". Unfortunately no one see the real problem.. I'll post an update here sir once im done with this flywheel thing... Maraming salamat po sir....
    Make sure to properly check your atf level (check manual). How about start with changing your atf first?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    May nabili ako Honda city ganito issue 2007 idsi model. Pero kahit mismo casa Honda ng hindi napatino mawawala lang saglit babalik . Buti mura ko nabili kaya naibenta ko agad kase akala ko transmission support lang. Nabili ko siya ng 120k last year 70k lang mileage.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave24/7 View Post
    Make sure to properly check your atf level (check manual). How about start with changing your atf first?
    It is cvtf, not atf for this specific honda model. And if you backread, napalitan na. Wait for what TS says his mechanic says about flywheel or other diagnosis now.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Nawala na ang shuddering nang transmission nang city 08 ko... Nagpalit lang ako nang cvtf sa honda ako mismo bumili and nag add nang Xado Revitalizant para sa cvt... November ko pinapaltan up to now di na bumalik ang shuddering

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by timming_gear View Post
    May nabili ako Honda city ganito issue 2007 idsi model. Pero kahit mismo casa Honda ng hindi napatino mawawala lang saglit babalik . Buti mura ko nabili kaya naibenta ko agad kase akala ko transmission support lang. Nabili ko siya ng 120k last year 70k lang mileage.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Ang swerte nyan sir.. Ginamitan ko lang nag xado yung akin nawala na yung shuddering

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick21 View Post
    Nawala na ang shuddering nang transmission nang city 08 ko... Nagpalit lang ako nang cvtf sa honda ako mismo bumili and nag add nang Xado Revitalizant para sa cvt... November ko pinapaltan up to now di na bumalik ang shuddering

you have to change the cvtf every 24months.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
2006 Honda City A/T - Jerking Engine :( Please help...