New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hi, nung nagpa change DPF ako sa Honda Spa sa GBelt, sabi nila may leak yung rear differential ko. Quote nila kung pagawa ko sa casa is around 7k - for overhaul of rear differential and replace differential seal.

Kelangan bang i-overhaul to? parang seal replacement lang kelangan.
    Anyways, is it recommended to have this done sa casa? or may recommendation ba kayong shop na kayang gawin ito?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i don't think you have a choice here, buddy... honda techs are the only ones who know how to dismantle a honda 4wd rear diff system.

you probably need an overhaul na because all the fluid leaked out already and caused some damage to the internal components of the diff. may noise ba when you make lock to lock turns? its a sign of a bad rear diff.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    There was a groaning noise kung backing up na pa-liko so as advised in CRV forums, I went to have the DPF Fluid replaced. They topped it off and that is when they noticed na may tagas, not really leak, since wala naman tulo sa garage floor - sorry wrong info pala title ko - ano ba tagas sa english? hehe
    Anyways, nawala na yung noise afer that so bakit nila pinapa-overhaul? Dapat change seal lang. I was hoping na kung change seal lang, baka may shop who can do it. I called a few shops na mentioned dito sa forum, but sabi nila they don't do rear differentials..

I guess you are right about Honda stealership being the only ones qualified to fix this. Bite the bullet na lang, will bring car to Honda

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    better be on the experts than be sorry

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Have an appointment sa Honda Cars Makati on Wed.. will let you guys know how it went.

2004CRV Leaking Rear Differential