New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi guys, My power steering gave up on me ( leaking) i had it check out at HONDA SPA at Mindanao ave qc and was quoted 25k for a rebuild. and would take them a week to fix. so i aked them why it will take that long the said that they have to send it to Santa Rosa for overhaul is there other alternatives as far as other shop that can fix this for me? with more reasonable price? my crv is 2003 model and 95k on my odometer

thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TONDOBOY1979 View Post
    Hi guys, My power steering gave up on me ( leaking) i had it check out at HONDA SPA at Mindanao ave qc and was quoted 25k for a rebuild. and would take them a week to fix. so i aked them why it will take that long the said that they have to send it to Santa Rosa for overhaul is there other alternatives as far as other shop that can fix this for me? with more reasonable price? my crv is 2003 model and 95k on my odometer

thanks
    what leaks?
    the high pressure hose? i had mine replaced just last march or april... it's a replacement/refurbished not OEM brand new..it cost me 1600 for the hose and 200 for the labor of installing it..take note...its home service...he will bring the part and install it on your garage.

the power steering pump itself??? i had mine overhauled last year, bought a repair kit in banawe, it's around 1500 if im not mistaken. plus 500 labor, kasi kinailangan din palitan bearing ng alternator dahil nadamay na sa sira kasi natuluan ng powersteering fluid dahil sa tulo. Yung alternator bearing mga 1k yata nagastos ko...

And Yes..mine is also CRV 2003 10cheater...hehheheeh

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chaitotek View Post
    what leaks?
    the high pressure hose? i had mine replaced just last march or april... it's a replacement/refurbished not OEM brand new..it cost me 1600 for the hose and 200 for the labor of installing it..take note...its home service...he will bring the part and install it on your garage.

the power steering pump itself??? i had mine overhauled last year, bought a repair kit in banawe, it's around 1500 if im not mistaken. plus 500 labor, kasi kinailangan din palitan bearing ng alternator dahil nadamay na sa sira kasi natuluan ng powersteering fluid dahil sa tulo. Yung alternator bearing mga 1k yata nagastos ko...

And Yes..mine is also CRV 2003 10cheater...hehheheeh
    Wow !!! your a savior my friend if can only get all the info of your source like what store in banawe or at least where in banawe and that home service your talking about would be a great help for me my friend.
    THANK YOU

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TONDOBOY1979 View Post
    Wow !!! your a savior my friend if can only get all the info of your source like what store in banawe or at least where in banawe and that home service your talking about would be a great help for me my friend.
    THANK YOU
    for the high pressure hose:

Smart Power Hydraulics & Engineering services - 315-8455 / 0915- 8715152 / 0909-8959703 / 0933 - 3143350

for the repair kit of the power steering pump :

Malapit yun sa Mazda-Ford Auto shop, Kahilera lang. Tanong Tanong ka lang, repair kit kamo ng CRV 2003 Power steering pump. Malapit sya sa E.Rod,,

As for the Mechanic na mag overhaul ng power steering pump mo...sa may Araneta Ave yung Suki kong Mechanik..Si Kuya Herman,, Kahilera ng Araneta Car Accessories, Bago dumating ng Good year Servitek kung galing ka ng Banawe...

Kung ako sayo pag kinuha mo yung hose, isabay mo na sa overhaul ng power steering pump. Yun eh kung pareho silang sira, Para pag kinabit sabay na at Para isang bilihan nalang din ng Power Steering Fluid.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chaitotek View Post
    for the high pressure hose:

Smart Power Hydraulics & Engineering services - 315-8455 / 0915- 8715152 / 0909-8959703 / 0933 - 3143350

for the repair kit of the power steering pump :

Malapit yun sa Mazda-Ford Auto shop, Kahilera lang. Tanong Tanong ka lang, repair kit kamo ng CRV 2003 Power steering pump. Malapit sya sa E.Rod,,

As for the Mechanic na mag overhaul ng power steering pump mo...sa may Araneta Ave yung Suki kong Mechanik..Si Kuya Herman,, Kahilera ng Araneta Car Accessories, Bago dumating ng Good year Servitek kung galing ka ng Banawe...

Kung ako sayo pag kinuha mo yung hose, isabay mo na sa overhaul ng power steering pump. Yun eh kung pareho silang sira, Para pag kinabit sabay na at Para isang bilihan nalang din ng Power Steering Fluid.

any chance that you have kuya hermans cell number??
    Thanks bud

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Unfortunately I lost his biz card...punta ka lang dun repa...di naman mahirap hanapin yun...Another land mark is the SO-EN building,. pero ang katabi nya talaga eh yung Import Elementz na car accessory shop.. They are open Mon-Sat 8am till may customer pa... He is on a per sched basis on Sundays....