New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    good day! patulong mga sir please..

my 2002 city type z lxi idle drops to around 200rpm hanggang halos mamatay ang engine when coming from a high rpm. pero pag naka-idle lang, ok naman kahit tumatakbo lang sa 350rpm ang idle nya. i had it checked and the mechanic cleaned the throttle body (i assume pati yung iacv) and replaced the distributor cap. ang problem ngayon masyado naman mataas ang rpm/idle. according sa mechanic, naka todo baba na yung idle adjustment. pati yung timing ginalaw na ng mechanic para lang bumaba ng konti yung idle ko (which i think caused the drop in power). pag bagong start, ang idle ko is 1500rpm-1700rpm. pag mainit na ang engine, 1000rpm (when the car is not in motion). pag tumatakbo naman yung auto and i put the gear in neutral, 1100-1200rpm. napansin ko mabagal bumalik yung idle to 1000rpm (my normal idle speed) paghinto ng auto.

please help. thanks!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    it could be that the accelerator cable is mounted too tight. bring it to EXALTA in N. Roxas, Banawe. (it's the street where Dencio's used to be) southbound from edsa along quezon ave > make a right on McDo. your landmark should be banco de oro on the left side of the street. look for The Chief, he's an expert and he's part owner of the shop and they're very honest. goodluck.

2002 honda city type z idle problem