New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    I hope ejaydpogi won't mind but if my budget would allow will get a 1st gen CRV, ride, comfort and looks sure winner, fuel consumption would be around 7 to 8km/ltr.
    i don't mind at all boss. with the budget, i would go with the crv. but you also have to consider the following:

1. the crv is older. hence, there would be more parts due for wear and tear which is part of the routine pms. mind you, crv parts are more expensive than the civic's. they are not cheap. even the replacements.

2. i would wish you look in finding a 1st gen crv in "genuine" pristine condition. i'm not saying that you can't find one. what i'm saying is that they are rare and be ready to pay for the premium. since the last crv gen 1 was sold in 2001, expect a milage of at least 80,000km. lower than that, you should have doubts. i'm not a fan of casa service, but it would be good to find a car that was religiously serviced at one for maintenance record services.

3. it consumes more fuel than the civic. if that is an issue to you, like most of us here, better compute and think first.

but in terms of reliability, the crv is rock solid even with minimal care.

but if your going to ask me what to buy with the budget, i'd still go for the altis.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    wow! that was extensive information sir ejay thank you so much...
    question though...why altis?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by abcerase View Post
    Thanks po ans_lim168!
    So you prefer the 1st gen CRV rather than the es civic?
    Yup, I'd go for a "well maintained" CRV gen 1 over the Civic ES.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    thank you for the clarification ans_lim168

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by abcerase View Post
    wow! that was extensive information sir ejay thank you so much...
    question though...why altis?
    easy to maintain, reliable, good resale value, ride is better than the es civic. if your a simple guy who's looking for a daily ride, you can't go wrong with a corolla. that's the simple reason why its the best selling car in the world. but if your into modifications galore, go with a honda.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    thanks sir! i'm just simple guy thanks again!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi guys,

The TDC sensor is part of the recall list for this model of Honda Civic together with the fuel band and a switch something. It was here in Tsikot where I got the full list, just couldn't find the exact thread now.

When I brought my 01 Civic to Honda last 2007 for the TDC sensor replacement, the SA told me that my car's warranty has already lapse and I have to pay for the part.

I was able to talk my way out of it and got the replacement for free. I just told him that the sensor shouldn't be classified under the warranty because it's a manufacturer's defect. I'm not really sure if he was just trying to make me shell a few bucks or it's part of their policy. I give him the benefit of the doubt.

The key is, just be nice when to talk to them and don't be arrogant even if you have a point.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    thanks for the clarification jdab

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
2001-2002 Civic A/T (VTEC 3) 2nd Hand Buyer