New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Im planning to buy a car this week and im torn between a city 2000 model and a civic 98 model... They have the same price but has a difference in the year made. i like the city because it has a better year model but i like the civic kasi maporma. kung yung civic po b bibilin ko wala naman masyadong problema??? advice naman po mga kuya.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pochi22 View Post
    Im planning to buy a car this week and im torn between a city 2000 model and a civic 98 model... They have the same price but has a difference in the year made. i like the city because it has a better year model but i like the civic kasi maporma. kung yung civic po b bibilin ko wala naman masyadong problema??? advice naman po mga kuya.

Well, as what they always said, "it depends"

It depends on the condition of both cars.

Kung pareho naman condition ng sasakyan, parehong napangalagaan ng maayos at hindi ka worry about sa FC, with same price tag, dun na ako sa civic kahit sabihin na natin na mas older ng 2 years ang civic.

Im not exactly sure about the FC ng civic over city but since civic is compact and city is sub-compact. FC of civic might be slight higher than the city.

At tama ka. Maporma talaga civic. 16 inch na mags at konting body kits, poging pogi ka na.

Just my 2 cents.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    My opinion is the same with Carlo, it all boils down to the condition of the 2 cars. If both are well maintained go for the Civic, the comfort and handling is much better than the City. Fuel consumption the edge goes to the City but not that much. If the City is better maintained than the Civic then go for the City. Good luck.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Go for the civic considering the advice of the two gentleman. After 2 or three years mas mahal pa ang resale ng 98 civic compared sa 00 city.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would choose the civic if i am in your shoes. aside from the resale, its more powerful and bigger.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    civic.

pero i would get a 99. yung SiR body shape... mas madaling iporma.

city is well, a little small. parang pang babae in my opinion.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The condition of a preowned vehicle largely rests on how the previous owner maintained it. But given that both vehicles are in good running condition, I'll pick the Civic for its engine & space. If you want something more frugal in terms of fuel consumption go for the City.

bigbigcar.com Review: 2009 Honda Jazz

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Civic ka na

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Kawawa naman ang city at "frugal" pa yung iisang pro niya.

But my nephew used to own a city. With my sister and brod in law on board, hirap daw umakat sa parking ramp of a certain mall. I forgot which mall pero hindi naman masyadong steep.

So maybe the city is indeed for those who are very particular about FC

2000 Honda City or 1998 Honda Civic?