New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Mga Car Guru please reply with your best suggestions for my first car (used) with only 260K budget. What is the latest model i can purchase? I regularly travel from Calamba to QC and Calamba to Bulacan 2x a month with my wife and kid.

I'm considering 2003 honda city type z, is this the best choice?

Thanks guys

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Latest?
    The latest I know around 260k is Nissan Sentra Exalta grandeur (2002-2004) or Nissan Sentra gx (2004)
    But City TypeZ is okay too.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ford Lynxes up to 2004 can also fall within that price range... mostly the GSi and LSi models. I prefer the LSi myself. Very simply, very little to break.

But you might want to keep from buying for at least half a year... going to be a lot of flooded cars on the market in the next two months...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Ford Lynxes up to 2004 can also fall within that price range... mostly the GSi and LSi models. I prefer the LSi myself. Very simply, very little to break.

But you might want to keep from buying for at least half a year... going to be a lot of flooded cars on the market in the next two months...
    tama ka sir niky..hehe! medyo ingat lang especially sa 2nd hand car dealers na kadalasan walang history.

260k.
    1. Old accord (96-2002), 1996-2001 honda civic vti,lxi. or honda city type z na yun.
    2. Nissan Sentra 2005 model GX model 1.3 engine
    3. Ford Lynx2004 below models
    4. Mitsubishi GSR

Depends on what is your purpose sir. matipid ba, big car, manual or auto?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    If you want a reliable everyday car then go for a Honda. If you want a medium sized sedan then get an Accord year 1996 -1998.

Good conditioned ones go for 200k and above.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As long as it isn't an automatic.

Secondhand automatics are always a risky buy, but Honda and Mazda automatics of that age are especially suspect.

Personally, if your budget is 260k, if you're buying a medium-sized car like an Accord, spend 200k and save 60k pesos for the eventual repairs. A secondhand Accord may sell for Honda City money, but it will still cost Accord money to repair.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    I would still vouch for lynx. Higher model= less maintenance, Honda is honda, maganda ang ride pero pricey ang parts pag nasira.Then most likely mga 98-99 models ang makuha mo for your budget except for the city. Pag nag honda ka abangan mo ang temperature mo,. pag accord naman and a/t tamang tranny ang paghandaan mo.ahh, had my tranny changed with my accord 99, it took me more than 100k sa casa, pero bago lahat un pinasabay ko during 100k PMS.ayun na 100k din ako! THat was the most tragic for me...Kung lynx a/t, they always say delikado matic,but never on my experience, I had 3 lynx first gen ghia before,all a/t, now on the RS look,matic pa din and all the way, it never failed me.Lynx na gsi 0r LSI are good options too. When you buy second hand wag mong sasagad budget mo, allot about 20k for future repairs. you can never really tell baka maayos talaga pag nakuha mo unit, abutin ka ng ibang sira after. Happy car searching.

1st car 260K budget suggestions pls