New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Mga ilang kilometers po expected na magloloko ang tranny ng 6th gen or depende sa gamit?

Malalaman po ba ng mga suggested shop nyo kung malapit ng magloko yung tranny?

Is it still worth buying this model kung ganto po ang issue nya?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gh0str1d3r View Post
    Mga ilang kilometers po expected na magloloko ang tranny ng 6th gen or depende sa gamit?

Malalaman po ba ng mga suggested shop nyo kung malapit ng magloko yung tranny?

Is it still worth buying this model kung ganto po ang issue nya?
    There is no clear mileage that the tranny will about to slide. It can be brought about by different factors but most common is that a previous owner was not very keen on changing ATF regularly. You will only know that the tranny is sliding when the symptoms started showing like erratic rpm or skipping gears.

If you decide to get a 6th gen Accord, make sure to check it properly and test drive it. These cars are 15 to 18 years old already so there's a big chance something might get broken or need to be replaced regularly. Also, ask the seller if he did a regular change of timing belts. They need to be changed every 80k km. A broken timing belt is not something you want to happen.

These cars are easy to maintain due to their mechanical nature (less electronics like the Civic EK) but not all owners are so dedicated when it comes to maintenance.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you are in Cavite area, do a search for Mel Casaba. He's quite a good mechanic who specializes in Honda AT trannies. If you're in Paranaque or Las Pinas area, go check out D & R Fast Auto Repair shop near SM Hypermart Sucat. They can provide a good assessment for the repair of a sliding tranny.

Search mo lang "Accord Tuners" or "6th gen Accord" sa Google, dami ka makikita references for the 6th gen Accord.
    Thanks for the site I've registered on "6th gen Accord" the "Accords Tuner" my Antivirus its saying website is a security threat....lol

Do you local forums for accords? and do you any trust worthy shop here in marikina or antipolo area that can fix auto tranny of the 6th gen?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    i can vouch for d & r fast auto repair. madali kausap iyong mga iyan

Sir ano na po napagwa nyo sa kanila, tranny b? 6th gen din ba sa inyo?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hind bro. Tranny ng Civic dati. Maganda ayos nila kaya i recommend their services

to be or not to be, that always confuses me!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you're planning to get a 6th gen Accord (1998-2002), make sure you get the model with the 2.3L engine. Halos same lang fuel consumption sa 2.0L model but you get more oomph. The 6th gen Accord has a light chassis (around 1300+ kg) which is comparable to the current crop of compact cars. The steering is one of the best I have tried, lots of feedback and very responsive. The F23 engine offers a good amount of torque at below 2k rpm. Press the gas pedal harder, let the VTEC kick in, and the tach will easily rise to redline (past 6k rpm). The 4AT tranny is not that quick but it's good enough to get the car going from 0-100kmh in just over 9 seconds. Key points to watch from this model are its power steering system (prone to leaks), a leaking air conditioning system which can potentially bring down its compressor, and a sliding AT tranny in case the previous owner was not to keen to change the ATF. The 6th gen Accord is more mechanical compared to the newer Honda cars so maintenance is not that extensive, just change fluids and filters regularly. The F23 engine is quite robust and not prone to failure (even in the event that the car overheats due to a leaking radiator). Unless you have a broken engine or tranny, most common parts are available from shops who cater to Honda cars. If you can find the 2.3L MT model, go for it (they are quite rare though) as you will have no worries with a sliding AT tranny. It might be good to upgrade its stock 15" rims to 17" to give it a better look as the stock 15" rims look small for the car. FC is around 5-6 km/L for city driving and 8-9 km/L on the highway. Just don't keep tach rising past 3k rpm so that FC will be more manageable.

Also, stick with the 2001-2002 model years as LTO had a different MVUC cost for cars 2000 and older. Midsize cars from 2001 have a lower MVUC (registration) cost. The difference is about 2k in registration cost.
    This post is gold. :D

-

As for the newer Accords, you will still face issues with the power steering and possibly radiators, if you're looking at higher mileage units. There are known issues with the five-speed, also, though these are still new enough that this won't be your primary problem.

-

If I recall, there were manual VTi-Ls in the 99-02 generation, but these are rather rare. If you find one, though, it could be a keeper.

Speak of the devil:
    1999 Honda Accord VTi-L Manual Transmission M/T '99 For Sale Philippines - Find 2nd Hand (Used) 1999 Honda Accord VTi-L Manual Transmission M/T '99 On OLX

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    This post is gold. :D

-

As for the newer Accords, you will still face issues with the power steering and possibly radiators, if you're looking at higher mileage units. There are known issues with the five-speed, also, though these are still new enough that this won't be your primary problem.

-

If I recall, there were manual VTi-Ls in the 99-02 generation, but these are rather rare. If you find one, though, it could be a keeper.

Speak of the devil:
    1999 Honda Accord VTi-L Manual Transmission M/T '99 For Sale Philippines - Find 2nd Hand (Used) 1999 Honda Accord VTi-L Manual Transmission M/T '99 On OLX

Nice Car! is this your car? 1st owner? ano po kulay nya? " heather mist metallic" ano yan silver? San location ng car?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gh0str1d3r View Post
    Nice Car! is this your car? 1st owner? ano po kulay nya? " heather mist metallic" ano yan silver? San location ng car?
    Nope. Just saw the ad.

If I'd seen that ad when I was buying earlier this year, I would have snapped it up.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123