New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hi guys, tanong ko lang if you experience this, at ano ang dapat gawin to fix. My 1997 Civic usually vibrates at 40km/hr (feel ko 3rd gear, its an automatic transmission), at 45km/hr and beyond vibration is gone. From 0 to say 37km/hr wala rin. Just recently, when magvibrate siya, I moved the clutch to D2, and vibration is gone! please help. TIA

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    basta good vibes, pre, rock on! hehehe joke.

one of your gears in the internal assembly of the a/t could be on its way out. at 40 kph it could be third gear.

start from the simplest: a/t mounts (basag na kaya gumagalaw), engine mounts (rear and front...), transmission fluid (dapat honda lang). have these checked or replaced, then move on to the more radical parts if it doesnt solve things: engine overheating (can cause juddering at speed), torque converter busted, a/t internal clutch packs durog na (check the fluid, dapat walang buo buo na particles dun), etc etc

you next Q will probably be where to get these checkd out. the casa is always a good bet. other shops, search around the forum na lang, there are plenty who can do the things i mentioned above.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hi Voltz, update ko lang, re. vibration. So I had the engine supports replaced DIY lang - right side (near transmission) and rear lang. The other side mahirap tanggalin so hopefully ok lang. I use replacement (JAG) support for the right side worth Php850 and surplus for the rear worth Php900 from Banawe. I used surplus lang for the rear because it took me 2 days to look for replacement (pasay and evangelista) so I ended sa banawe, kahit replacement mahirap hanapin, kaya surplus nalang for the same perfect size and fit (I wonder mas mahal pa ang surplus vs replacement?)

Im yet to test the civic because its my wifey who uses the car. Thanks bro for the advice.

1997 Civic Vibration