New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    what is the best 18 inches mags for honda civic 2006, and whats best tire 45 series or 40 series, kailangan pa bang i lowered, hindi ba matagtag

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ditu View Post
    what is the best 18 inches mags for honda civic 2006, and whats best tire 45 series or 40 series, kailangan pa bang i lowered, hindi ba matagtag

there are lots of 45-40 series wheels that are ok. michelins, yokohamas, bridgestones.

mukhang kailangan pa ata i lower yan, kundi mukhang nakatingkayad oto mo.

rough ride yan for sure, because of the size of your rims.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    matagtag kaag putol springs lang ... lowering springs para hindi matagtag dapat ... saka lowered much better ang dating hindi TH ang porma

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    there's no such thing as lowering a car without sacrificing ride comfort. basta binabaan yung auto, talagang matagtag, regardless if you cut your spring or use a branded lowering spring.

i've seen a lot of fd's running on 18" with body kits. looks good and doesn;t need to lower the car.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there's no such thing as lowering a car without sacrificing ride comfort
    not all the time mate, it depends on what type of lowering spring your going to use..using less rubber is the main reason kaya matagtag, because you need to match the overall diameter of the stock wheel...you want bigger rims then you need a low profile tyre

18's are nice but you need to check the right offset..the safest na na research ko is 17" on 215/45 rubber with an offset +45

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kung mag 18" ka sa Civic FD, dapat 18X7.5 tapos 225/40/R18 ang tires mo.

tapos bili ka ng lowering springs. Tein H-Tech ang maganda. hindi ito matagtag..

around 14-16k ang price nito.

HTH

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    thank you sa mga advice mga sir's I guess 17" is okey na rin
    san po kaya ako makabile nito 17"

17"

17"
    meron kaya nito alloy yung kulay

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    yung unang pic ay Modulo rims yun. sa CASA lang available. 7.8k each.

yung 2nd pic may rota na ganyan. torque ang model name. merong color silver

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ozcity View Post
    not all the time mate, it depends on what type of lowering spring your going to use..using less rubber is the main reason kaya matagtag, because you need to match the overall diameter of the stock wheel...you want bigger rims then you need a low profile tyre

18's are nice but you need to check the right offset..the safest na na research ko is 17" on 215/45 rubber with an offset +45
    i will assume that all lowering springs are designed biased performance. i have yet to see a lowering spring with high level of comfort as its primary consideration in design. lowering springs have a higher spring rate vs. stock springs to control ride height and body roll. this automatically will increase the stiffness of the ride regardless of wheel choice. there are springs from tein and tanabe that balances performance and ride comfort. still, it wouldn't be as comfortable as the stock one.

18 inches mags for civic 2006