New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    hello fellow tsikoteers,

I just had my 120k periodic maintenance done in one of the honda casas here in metro manila. My car is well maintained (casa, and more or less I follow the periodic maintenance schedule) I dont feel/see anything wrong with it now except for very minor problems like yung sa auto window. overall im very happy with my car.. however, one person there was kind of surprised that I still had an "OK" car despite it having ran 120k already. he mentioned that he knows a few people who've had bad experiences (such as car breakdown, car wont start...) with this model..what he said had me thinking lang.. should i be afraid? I mean should I be planning to buy a new car already?I'm kind of confused because a lot of my friends have praised the honda city 2003-2005 model since for them its a good long term car..well its an 8 year old car but i was kind of hoping it would last me until 200k?

a penny for your thoughts guys.

tia!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Probably the guy was just referring to the CVT problems which is quite costly to repair.

If ever your unit came with a CVT tranny, then yes you're quite lucky to not have the " expensive " problems that was encountered by our fellow tsikoteers & by other Honda City CVT owners as well.

Your car should not have any problems as long as you maintain it properly & replace everything that needs to be replaced & of course do not abuse the tranny by free-wheeling, shifting on " D " while the car is still backing up a little & other things like that.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    got it sir! I plan to continue with the periodic maintenance and fix those minor problems as well...

got any other tips sir?

thanks so much

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    since its an 8 year old car already.. it has served you well.. if you have the "moolah" might as well considering on buying a new car.. coz as the car grows old maintenance rocks up.. have good care of your CVT tranny with regular change of fluids every once or after two year as the case maybe... had read enough about the CVT Horrors here at tsikot you will be cursing Honda if it happens to you.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXBadBoy View Post
    since its an 8 year old car already.. it has served you well.. if you have the "moolah" might as well considering on buying a new car.. coz as the car grows old maintenance rocks up.. have good care of your CVT tranny with regular change of fluids every once or after two year as the case maybe... had read enough about the CVT Horrors here at tsikot you will be cursing Honda if it happens to you.
    +1, being knowledgeable with your ride will definitely help you in maintaining it.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Just keep the car well maintained and you can keep your car raking in more thousands of kms and it should be good. However, if you have the money, it's good to plan to buy a new one... An 8-year old car will still fetch a good resale price. If however you're the first owner and had that car for 8 long years, parting with it when you actually sell it may make you cry. :D

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As long as you haven't "hooned" the car or abused the transmission, you should have no problems for quite a while yet.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

120k honda city '03 AT, should i be afraid?