New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    The ESI came with a base engine a 1.3L with no EFI (1bbl carb.). EK body sedans ata got the 1.6L as the base engine with EFI.

It was also getting larger. the 11th gen civic is almost as large as the old 93-97 accord.
    sa pinas ESI was the eg sedan 1.6L pgm-fi. base civic then was the LX 1.5L carburator. wala atang 1.3 na civic. the 1.3 was found in the honda city yung may jingle pa ni ito rapadas. hehe

EK body sedans have the base 1.5 efi known as the LXi.
    Last edited by babkalakal; September 12th, 2021 at 05:06 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    here are some info i can remember from Honda back in those days. please feel free to change it as some values are not precise as i remember it.
    The first civic they released was the EF 2 door hatchback with a 1.2/1,3 engine. barely a year after they released the EG hatchback under the CARS program. bare bones civic hatcback but priced at only 180k yata in 1992. Around the same time they also released a civic four door model DX (EG model) with a 1.5 liter carb engine. after 1 year yata is when they released the civic Esi (EG model)with a 1.5/1.6 fuel injected engine, i remember them having a lower end model that uses a 1.3/1.5 carb engine but i can't remember if it was still the DX model or LX or EX.
    When the EK model civic came out 1996 yata, there were 2 models the Vti and Lxi. both fuel injected the Vti with a VTEC 1.6 engine while the Lxi with a 1.5 non-vtec engine. During the early days there was still a few modified Lxi engine that time due to inexperience of some racers/tuners on the newer VTEC technology. They were claiming pa that a maxed out Lxi would be faster than a modded Vti.
    wow. good memory. hehe

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Drift King drives the new Civic

Turn on captions for English subs

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Savagegeese review:

Ganda ng interior. This is so much better than the 10th gen. And there's a manual!

Last edited by Dr.Kamiya; October 17th, 2021 at 03:41 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    The all-new Honda Civic Si gets a tuned suspension, 1.5-liter turbo with 200hp and 260Nm | TopGear PH

This thing boasts 200hp at 6,000rpm and 260Nm of torque between 1,500-5,000rpm—that’s 20hp and 20Nm more than the non-Si Civic’s 1.5-liter turbo. Oh, and this variant comes exclusively with a six-speed manual transmission.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    2022 Honda Civic Si makes us wish SiR was still around -AUTOINDUSTRIYA

Return of the SiR?.. In passion orange.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    the lower front reminds me of the 2015 camry.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Question is how much would that cost locally? Dami sure may gusto nyan but bibili ba?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Question is how much would that cost locally? Dami sure may gusto nyan but bibili ba?

WRX, CTR, Yaris GR Market. In other words, much smaller market than what the internet hype suggests. But yes there is a niche.

It’s not like a Lancer EX MT or FD MT na economy car lang talaga with a manual. This one gets the uprated engine also and better suspension. So closer to a WRX vs the CTR as the full blown STi.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    WRX, CTR, Yaris GR Market. In other words, much smaller market than what the internet hype suggests. But yes there is a niche.

It’s not like a Lancer EX MT or FD MT na economy car lang talaga with a manual. This one gets the uprated engine also and better suspension. So closer to a WRX vs the CTR as the full blown STi.

Yung mga TOTL compacts mababa na nga yung sales. Most people would opt to spend 1.5M or more of their money on a 7-seater MPV or PPV instead.

For those with extra money to spare, they wouldn’t mind spending for something like a WRX/STi or Golf GTI or CTR or Yaris GR.