New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post

I think madali lang gawing sporty yung design. Slightly flare the wheel arches, bigger grille opening, maybe black out the center portion of the bumper between the upper and lower grille so that it becomes one-piece.
    Wait... what you described is almost basically the previous gen civic.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I agree.

The 11th gen civic seems to be designed to be a toned down version of the civic fc. Honda may have opted for a more conventional look for this generation. Sadly, in going for that conventional look, there's nothing that stands out on this car over what's already out in the market. If you squint a little, you'd even mistake this for a Jetta or altis as they all look the same.

For me, Honda is always at its best when it releases something quirky and unique. I'd rather go for a polarizing design over something more conventional looking.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    As long as it drives well, I am good with it. Despite its looks as long as it performs, then I have no problem with any vehicle. The Accord looks toned down over the last generations but it is still among the best-driving midisize cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    As long as it drives well, I am good with it. Despite its looks as long as it performs, then I have no problem with any vehicle. The Accord looks toned down over the last generations but it is still among the best-driving midisize cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For the 11th gen civic, It most likely will since mechanically its the same as the 10th gen civic with some improvements. Power has been increased and rigidity has been further enhanced.

If the Honda jazz platform is of any indication, the first gen GD jazz was much applauded for its chassis' rigidity. Honda knew that they had a good thing going for them there and carried on with improvements as the cars got more rigid with every generation right up to the 3rd gen GK.

So yes, regardless of its looks, it will definitely be a great car to drive.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I believe some people will prioritize looks when it comes to choosing cars.

A recent example is my friend who is currently looking for a Civic FD right now. Sent him a link from facebook marketplace, a mazda 3 2.0L for 550k and a ford focus ecoboost for 520k, both 2016 models. He insisted with the civic FD, said he wants to do some mods. Asked him what kind of mods, he said, spoilers, body kits, bumpers, grilles, and lights. No mention of any engine or suspension mods…

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    I believe some people will prioritize looks when it comes to choosing cars.
    .. some...?
    most!
    or if not most, "a big number".
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 25th, 2021 at 11:52 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    before we get excited... Note that we still have no official information about Honda PH's lineup...

The Honda Civic Hatchback and its manual gearbox will be unveiled on June 24 | TopGear PH

According to Honda’s official announcement, the hatch will have a “fun-to-drive six-speed manual.” We know a lot of you will be excited about that one. However, that’s all that Honda has told us for now.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast