New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    You know what, now that I’m looking at it more and more, the design reminds me of 90s cars. A little bit boxy, small grille and those long singkit headlights. You know, those late 90s galants, accords, etc

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Pang Fafa Boi na talaga (11th Gen) Honda Civic

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    new-acquisition car.
    i'm mulling over the possibilities.
    i don't buy 'em like i buy T-shirts...

my psychological price limit is 1M thereabouts.
    Top model subcompacts na yung 1M price range. Compact cars are over 1M nowadays.

If your mindset is stuck in the early 2000s, you will never consider buying a compact car for over 1M or a midsize car for nearly 2M. I guess a Vios or City will be worth it if your limit is 1M.

BTT: I don’t mind the looks as it shares the same general look of the recent Civics. As long as it drives well, it gets my vote. I do hope they make turbo engines standard for all models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Egan101; April 15th, 2021 at 05:34 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Top model subcompacts na yung 1M price range. Compact cars are over 1M nowadays.

If your mindset is stuck in the early 2000s, you will never consider buying a compact car for over 1M or a midsize car for nearly 2M. I guess a Vios or City will be worth it if your limit is 1M.

BTT: I don’t mind the looks as it shares the same general look of the recent Civics. As long as it drives well, it gets my vote. I do hope they make turbo engines standard for all models.

Yeah. Maybe bring a cheaper base model with turbo or something. Sobrang mahal na ng civic RS ngayon. They need to put something in between.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Yeah. Maybe bring a cheaper base model with turbo or something. Sobrang mahal na ng civic RS ngayon. They need to put something in between.
    They should consider bringing the 3-cylinder 1.0L turbo engine and price it like the current 1.8L model.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I like the rear of this new civic. Sa outgoing kasi gusto ko yung front but not the rear.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    They should consider bringing the 3-cylinder 1.0L turbo engine and price it like the current 1.8L model.

Di kaya underpowered sa civic yan? Sa city malamang puede pa yung 1.0L turbo...
    Nag matured na si civic more like ka level na ni accord..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Nope. The current R18 is rated 139hp at 5500rpm and 174Nm at 4000rpm. Honda’s 1.0L turbo used on the Civic is rated at 127hp at 5500rpm and 200Nm at 2200rpm. It may be down a bit on power but it offers more usable torque (at less than 3k rpm).

Most people don’t drive their Civic 1.8L at over 4k rpm (on a regular basis) so they don’t make to good use the peak torque of the R18 engine. With the smaller turbo gas engine, more torque is always welcome at around 2k rpm.

With the exception of the Civic Type R, Accords use more potent engines compared to the Civic. They usually drive better and quicker off the line. There’s a reason why Accords cost more than a Civic, the same as an Altis can never be a Camry.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    it seems that the only complaints of the 1.0 in the current generation civic is that its no more economical than the 1.5T and is less refined.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast