New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I have trying to get information and decode my 1997 Honda Accord VTI-S A/T's VIN number (Chassis Number) but all the reference I get from google searches say that the VIN should be 17 characters long???

My VIN stamped on the chassis and appears on the CR looks like :

PHSV6-XXXXXX

Is there something wrong with my VIN?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepsus View Post
    I have trying to get information and decode my 1997 Honda Accord VTI-S A/T's VIN number (Chassis Number) but all the reference I get from google searches say that the VIN should be 17 characters long???

PHSV6-XXXXXX

nothing's wrong with your vin. the north american vin system has 17 characters. the philippines has less. the first character being country of origin, the second being the make, e.g. h for honda, b for mercedes, t for toyota, etc...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepsus View Post

PHSV6-XXXXXX

Parang may mali...

First digit is country of origin, P will be Philippines di ko alam kung locally produced yung 97 Accord so I cannot validate that.
    2nd digit should be manufacturer - H for Honda easy.
    3rd digit should be car type S might stand for Saloon or Sedan
    V6? That's not how honda classified engines as per VIN, V6 should be either

these two:
    CG1 = Accord4 Door V6 VTEC
    CG2 = Accord2 Door V6 VTEC

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by silverrain View Post
    Parang may mali...

First digit is country of origin, P will be Philippines di ko alam kung locally produced yung 97 Accord so I cannot validate that.
    2nd digit should be manufacturer - H for Honda easy.
    3rd digit should be car type S might stand for Saloon or Sedan
    V6? That's not how honda classified engines as per VIN, V6 should be either

these two:
    CG1 = Accord4 Door V6 VTEC
    CG2 = Accord2 Door V6 VTEC
    This is the same info I get from Google and Wiki ... but it does not match my 11 character VIN.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Vehicle...onda/VIN_Codes

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    nothing's wrong with your vin. the north american vin system has 17 characters. the philippines has less. the first character being country of origin, the second being the make, e.g. h for honda, b for mercedes, t for toyota, etc...
    Could you give me more information on how to decode this 11 character VIN please?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    You have to take note that your Accord was assembled here. Hence the "PH" designation and the shortened VIN.

"SV6" is the closest thing you have to a chassis designation code under the shortened-VIN system. Mind you it's not just the Accords that had this. 1996-2002 Cities were "SX8" while the EK4 Civic SiRs were stamped "SO4" if I'm not mistaken.

If you want to make comparisons with the rest of the world, I believe your 1997 Accord is a CD-series chassis, powered by F-series SOHC VTEC engines. I'm not 100% sure on the chassis code, but I believe I'm pretty close.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Hi, I'm here in the philippines and I'm trying to find owners manuals for my 2000 Toyota Revo and I can't find anywhere to get them and the Vin doesn't work with anything on the Toyota sites? Can anyone help?

Gerald
    whatsupdok*hotmail.com

8. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    My car is isuzu and my vin starts with UBS17G......... im quire sure that its isuzu because it was bought commercially.. how come mine says mercedes? Is this accurate? Trying to find my differential ratio, want to match it with my new engine and trans..

11 Character Chassis Number?