New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I'm just guessing but, I think the 03 CRV being discussed here is the '10-cheater?"

That said, the culprit of the harsh ride are the springs. The springs are designed to carry 10 passengers (thus the moniker 10 cheater). We all know that the CRV was originally designed as a tall sedan which carries 5 passengers comfortably. Honda retro-fitted a 'bench type' front passenger seat to fit another person in front (3 pax), added a lap belt in the 'middle row' seat (4pax) and added a 3rd row seat to accomodate more passengers (3 pax). All-in all, 10 passengers. Honda did this to enjoy tax perks on the now defunct AUV tax incentive. Eventually, making lots of bucks.

I've heard of 03 CRV "10 cheater" owners who've changed to softer springs and are very happy with the ride.

I'm very happy with my 03 "10 cheater" except for the harsh ride although I've never changed the springs since a majority of the time, my whole family rides with me and dampens the bumpy ride. More so, when we pack it up for a trip out of town.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    I'm just guessing but, I think the 03 CRV being discussed here is the '10-cheater?"

That said, the culprit of the harsh ride are the springs. The springs are designed to carry 10 passengers (thus the moniker 10 cheater). We all know that the CRV was originally designed as a tall sedan which carries 5 passengers comfortably. Honda retro-fitted a 'bench type' front passenger seat to fit another person in front (3 pax), added a lap belt in the 'middle row' seat (4pax) and added a 3rd row seat to accomodate more passengers (3 pax). All-in all, 10 passengers. Honda did this to enjoy tax perks on the now defunct AUV tax incentive. Eventually, making lots of bucks.

I've heard of 03 CRV "10 cheater" owners who've changed to softer springs and are very happy with the ride.

I'm very happy with my 03 "10 cheater" except for the harsh ride although I've never changed the springs since a majority of the time, my whole family rides with me and dampens the bumpy ride. More so, when we pack it up for a trip out of town.
    good for you! do you know of any springs or shocks that's softer for our 03 crv?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    sir, pa check mo muna sa dalawa or tatlong magka-ibang shop yang crv mo,so you would know the real problem. and also at least my second and third opinion, huwag sa iisang shop, baka mali yang palitan mo,tapos do-doble yang gastos mo. better to get original parts ng honda, punta ka sa pasay-taft rotonda, meron dalawang auto supply(parts star and car power) dun na nagbebenta ng murang orig honda parts, you may choose sa honda orig parts/shocks or replacement parts like KYB shocks, 555 or oem. its better to buy your own parts than have it bought sa mechanic shop para makatipid ka. labor lang bayaran mo. your ride is an SUV kaya dapat magandang parts ang gamitin mo, kung piliin mo ay replacemnt parts.baka hindi rin magtagal,sayang ang pera. goodluck

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check mo din kung tabingi upod niyang mga gulong. iyan ang isa sa problema niyan. kung sira shock niyan check mo kung malangis yung o kaya kung tumatalbog more than three time pag dinaganan, no need to pay P500 sa CASA. Maraming ways to beat the delearship .

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by supercar10 View Post
    I'm going have my crv fix next month or so. KYB's not bad i heard. i'll post more details then. buh if nauna ka na magpaayos do share info about it too.
    I had it fixed * ZEE Carplus Aurora Bldv since no other shops can offer a good deal. I inquired thru many shops and their quotes are way to high for my budget considering that they will only install replacement parts. Plus, I needed to have it fixed ASAP as I don't want to cause any damage to my stock springs. Stock springs would cost you 30k+ in casa.

I arrived at ZEE around 12pm (lunch time nila) and they managed to fix everything by 430pm. I was 4th sa pila. 1 BMW, 1 Volvo, and 1 Jaguar ang sinundan ko. Very satisfied naman ako sa gawa nila since I know mga experts sila when it comes to suspension works. I'm yet to determine if PARAUT will last more than 3 years or not. I think 3 yrs is sulit na. 9k+ ang stock CRV shocks sa Casa and it lasted 6 yrs & 5 mos bago nagka-problema.

Here's the breakdown of my expenses:

FRONT:
    Replaced both shocks (bnew Paraut JAPAN) = 2x3550 = 7100 / labor = 400 (both)
    (they can't repair front shock because it's complicated raw)

REAR:
    Fluid Refill (may tagas na raw) * 800/pc = 1600 / labor = 400 (both)

Bump stopper - 2pcs *120 each = 240

** 3 months warranty for Paraut JAPAN
    ** 6 months warranty for shock refill (rear)

Note: Camber alignment (P1,800 - 6 mos warranty) is not yet included and it is required if you're going to replace your front shocks.

Hope this helps guys! And please share your stories as well so we can be of help to others. ^^

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    yung 03 crv ko after mga 5 yrs matagtag na sya. pinalitan ko ng rancho shock absorbers almost 25K yung 4 shocks. after makabit, medyo matagtag pa din so pinacheck ko ulit sa wheelers sa banawe, may tama na daw yung bushing kaya pinalitan ko din pati yung 2 stab links. umabot din ng 2.5K. ngayon ok na yung ride kahit nakakabit yung 17" enkei mags ko...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jabbronx View Post
    I had it fixed * ZEE Carplus Aurora Bldv since no other shops can offer a good deal. I inquired thru many shops and their quotes are way to high for my budget considering that they will only install replacement parts. Plus, I needed to have it fixed ASAP as I don't want to cause any damage to my stock springs. Stock springs would cost you 30k+ in casa.

I arrived at ZEE around 12pm (lunch time nila) and they managed to fix everything by 430pm. I was 4th sa pila. 1 BMW, 1 Volvo, and 1 Jaguar ang sinundan ko. Very satisfied naman ako sa gawa nila since I know mga experts sila when it comes to suspension works. I'm yet to determine if PARAUT will last more than 3 years or not. I think 3 yrs is sulit na. 9k+ ang stock CRV shocks sa Casa and it lasted 6 yrs & 5 mos bago nagka-problema.

Here's the breakdown of my expenses:

FRONT:
    Replaced both shocks (bnew Paraut JAPAN) = 2x3550 = 7100 / labor = 400 (both)
    (they can't repair front shock because it's complicated raw)

REAR:
    Fluid Refill (may tagas na raw) * 800/pc = 1600 / labor = 400 (both)

Bump stopper - 2pcs *120 each = 240

** 3 months warranty for Paraut JAPAN
    ** 6 months warranty for shock refill (rear)

Note: Camber alignment (P1,800 - 6 mos warranty) is not yet included and it is required if you're going to replace your front shocks.

Hope this helps guys! And please share your stories as well so we can be of help to others. ^^
    paraut for my crv as well. i'm gonna get our crv fixed on fri. at rapide, hope the springs are still ok despite the bad shocks.

seems like you got a satisfying deal and service at zee sir! how's your crv's ride now? mas comfortable ba than before?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by supercar10 View Post
    paraut for my crv as well. i'm gonna get our crv fixed on fri. at rapide,
    Naku! Sir, dalhin nyo na kahit sa casa huwag lang sa Rapide, try to check the Rapide thread dun sa goon squad.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Naku! Sir, dalhin nyo na kahit sa casa huwag lang sa Rapide, try to check the Rapide thread dun sa goon squad.
    Yep, been reading a lot of bad experiences with Rapide. Mas mura ba?

You can try Zee or Cruven. Yung bigay nila sakin sa Paraut mas mura pa kesa sa isang store na tinawagan ko sa Banawe - 3900/pc bigay sakin, no warranty. Yung refilled rear shocks ko so far so good naman. I'll wait for it to fail then have it replaced na lang with Paraut as well. Gusto ko lang talaga malaman gano tatagal refilled shocks. ^^ Sobrang ingat ko na sa mga lubak ngayon compared dati. And now I'm starting to memorize all the 'lubaks' from Osmena ave going to Alabang since I work there and drive my car everyday.

Medyo malambot Paraut compared to OEM shocks but I can't attest yet in terms of reliability. Sana umabot 3 years. It took 6+ years before nagka-prob OEM shocks ko.

Good luck with your research. ^^

And keep us posted...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jabbronx View Post
    Yep, been reading a lot of bad experiences with Rapide. Mas mura ba?

You can try Zee or Cruven. Yung bigay nila sakin sa Paraut mas mura pa kesa sa isang store na tinawagan ko sa Banawe - 3900/pc bigay sakin, no warranty. Yung refilled rear shocks ko so far so good naman. I'll wait for it to fail then have it replaced na lang with Paraut as well. Gusto ko lang talaga malaman gano tatagal refilled shocks. ^^ Sobrang ingat ko na sa mga lubak ngayon compared dati. And now I'm starting to memorize all the 'lubaks' from Osmena ave going to Alabang since I work there and drive my car everyday.

Medyo malambot Paraut compared to OEM shocks but I can't attest yet in terms of reliability. Sana umabot 3 years. It took 6+ years before nagka-prob OEM shocks ko.

Good luck with your research. ^^

And keep us posted...
    yea, i was told paraut is softer that's why i opted for it too. actually mas mahal konti sa rapide compared to zee, but its closer kaya mas convinient.

Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    its in the goon squad? lol i'll check it out, thanks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast