New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    hi guys! I jus brought my 03 crv to Honda to have it check. Matatagtag kasi sobra, more than before pa, and man these Honda guys are like vampires trying to suck every penny they can.

1. evaluation cost P500 (they jus drove it lang naman around).

2. shock absorbers daw most probably problem, so they have to take out the shocks to check. P1300 labor for EACH shock. omg! they're not even 100% sure if shocks nga problem.

3. worse, each friggin shock absorber cost P8200! that's x4 pa! omfg!

is this normal? last time i was there was for my 30k maintainance, di naman ganun before..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by supercar10 View Post
    hi guys! I jus brought my 03 crv to Honda to have it check. Matatagtag kasi sobra, more than before pa, and man these Honda guys are like vampires trying to suck every penny they can.

1. evaluation cost P500 (they jus drove it lang naman around).

2. shock absorbers daw most probably problem, so they have to take out the shocks to check. P1300 labor for EACH shock. omg! they're not even 100% sure if shocks nga problem.

3. worse, each friggin shock absorber cost P8200! that's x4 pa! omfg!

is this normal? last time i was there was for my 30k maintainance, di naman ganun before..
    If you are having your vehicle serviced at the Honda casa, yes that is normal. That is how car dealers make money, they charge service and parts as if they are made of gold.

A cheaper alternative is to go to reputable service garages like SPEEDYFIX and SPEEDLAB who can do the service and source the parts cheaper than the casa but would have the same or better quality of service.

BTW avoid going to RAPIDE for service. They will rob you blind and wreak your precious car at the same time.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I took my crv'01 (gen1) to honda casa to check the suspensions.
    When i drove my car again, wow...maingay na ang ilalim...they quote me to change lots of parts....

Then i took it to zafra-bautista,mkt. It only cost me 3k, palit bushing and stabilizer link. Now tahimik na ang ride ko.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Unless your car is still under warranty, taking it to the casa for suspension or brake issues is kind of pointless. Actually... even under warranty, you can sometimes get denied service for suspension as shocks are considered "wear" items.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If you are having your vehicle serviced at the Honda casa, yes that is normal. That is how car dealers make money, they charge service and parts as if they are made of gold.

A cheaper alternative is to go to reputable service garages like SPEEDYFIX and SPEEDLAB who can do the service and source the parts cheaper than the casa but would have the same or better quality of service.

BTW avoid going to RAPIDE for service. They will rob you blind and wreak your precious car at the same time.
    where is this speedfix and speedlab located sir? hope they're decent and won't give me headaches..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    where is this speedfix and speedlab located sir? hope they're decent and won't give me headaches..
    They are decent and trusted.

http://www.speedlab.com.ph/
    871 Quezon Ave. Quezon City
    Tel. 376-4648, 376-4651

---------------------------------

http://www.speedyfixph.com/
    312 Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila
    SHOP - (02) 717-4202

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I also need to have my suspension check. Sobrang tagtag though ala namang kalampag. I'm seeing TEIN emblems on some CRVs, does anyone know how much yung ganung shocks? Or OK na KYB? How about for the springs? Meron na po ba nagpagawa suspension CRV 2003? Please share naman po... thanks!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jabbronx View Post
    I also need to have my suspension check. Sobrang tagtag though ala namang kalampag. I'm seeing TEIN emblems on some CRVs, does anyone know how much yung ganung shocks? Or OK na KYB? How about for the springs? Meron na po ba nagpagawa suspension CRV 2003? Please share naman po... thanks!
    I'm going have my crv fix next month or so. KYB's not bad i heard. i'll post more details then. buh if nauna ka na magpaayos do share info about it too.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I'm going have my crv fix next month or so. KYB's not bad i heard. i'll post more details then. buh if nauna ka na magpaayos do share info about it too.
    Where do u plan to have it fix?

Nag e-mail ako sa 'info*massiveparts.com' (KYB distributor here), eto reply sakin:

'Sorry KYB does not have shocks yet for CRV 2003, but it is already under development, we will have available shocks for this next year, January 2010.'

But nung nag-inquire ako sa speedlab.com.ph, meron daw silang KYB Excel-G for CRV 2003....hmmmm

Yup, i'll provide an update. ^^

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jabbronx View Post
    Where do u plan to have it fix?

Nag e-mail ako sa 'info*massiveparts.com' (KYB distributor here), eto reply sakin:

'Sorry KYB does not have shocks yet for CRV 2003, but it is already under development, we will have available shocks for this next year, January 2010.'

But nung nag-inquire ako sa speedlab.com.ph, meron daw silang KYB Excel-G for CRV 2003....hmmmm

Yup, i'll provide an update. ^^
    sometimes talaga mga independent shops may available products na wala sa official na distributor. how much quote ng speedlab sayo dun? grabe tein costs 57k!

*ghosthunter: thanks for the info sir!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast